Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 27, 2016 5:21 am

<< Week of May 27, 2016 >>
Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
27 Day Month

28 Day Month

29 Day Month

30 Day Month

31 Day Month

1 Day Month

2 Day Month

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
American Gods Chapter Two: Mead deal, funeral and fat boy 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Gold Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

Post American Gods Chapter Two: Mead deal, funeral and fat boy
Synopsis: Shadow and Wednesday discuss their business arrangement, and are joined by a tall leprechaun, who goes by the name of Mad Sweeney. Wednesday orders three glasses of mead for Shadow. Sweeney performs coin tricks and gets rumbunctious. Audrey Burton spits in Laura Moon's face in the funeral parlour, and Shadow gives Laura a farewell token. The fat boy smokes synthetic toad skins and discourses on the dominant paradigm.

Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book General

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post My dog ate my homework
Hey Robert:

My dog ate my book! :rant:

I'm not sure what to make of this. Of all the books laying around, "American Gods" is the one he choose as the most tasty. I hope there wasn't any hidden mead in it.

Fri May 29, 2009 6:12 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Likes the book better than the movie

Post Re: My dog ate my homework
Suzanne wrote:
My dog ate my book! I hope there wasn't any hidden mead in it.

A hidden mead -- like you dog was directed by spiritual powers to interrupt your reading of the book? Well, maybe, but I have noticed that some secondhand books are permeated by the perfume the lady wore who owned the book, and your dog can identify even your fingerprints by smell a week later. Maybe your dog expresses its love by chewing on you? My sister has been having trouble with her dog Zoie chewing on her. Or could a few cookie crumbs have fallen into the book? Or maybe the dog wants you to pay attention to it and not the book.

Tom

Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book General

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post my dog ate my book
Thomas Hood wrote:
Quote:
Or maybe the dog wants you to pay attention to it and not the book.

This would explain his fondness for my reading glasses too.

He is angry I'm afraid. I have recently broken my ankle, he misses our walks.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Gold Contributor
Book Discussion Leader

Good excuse to buy the Author's Preferred Text.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:52 pm
Profile Email WWW
Book General

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post dog ate my book
Robert Tulip wrote:

Quote:
Good excuse to buy the Author's Preferred Text.

That's it! I knew there was a metaphysical reason. :laugh:

The "gods" wanted me to buy another book, those pesky gods of merchandicing!

Sat May 30, 2009 8:27 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Likes the book better than the movie

Post Re: my dog ate my book
Suzanne wrote:
I have recently broken my ankle. . . .

Sorry to hear of this.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:36 am
Book General

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post thank you
Thanks Tom:

I ran in a pot hole, and splat and splayed I went. I don't know what is worse, the pain, or the pain killers. I think I tollerate the pain better.

Sat May 30, 2009 7:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.