• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

This book discussion is extended 1 extra month!

#39: July - Oct. 2007 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

This book discussion is extended 1 extra month!

Unread post

This book discussion is extended 1 extra monthDue to lots of stuff going on behind the scenes I am extending this book discussion an extra month. So please continue to enjoy the book through the end of October.NOTE:We will still be doing polls and picking new books for Q4, 2007. But the polls might take a little longer to get up this time. I am changing hosting companies and moving our forums off ezboard to a much more sophisticated phpbb system.Please make some more suggestions/comments in the suggestion threads for Q4, 2007. Help narrow down the choices by commenting on the books other people have suggested. Or add more suggestions. Just get involved!Thank you.Chris
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

got it!

Unread post

Okay, well, it's been something of an ordeal, but I finally have in my possession a copy of the book, and plan to start reading it tonight. Looks like the culprit was a copy of Rousseau's "Emile" that I ordered at the same time. Amazon couldn't get a hold of the copy from their "sources" (sounds kind of ominous; I imagine black market Amazon agents stealing Hackett editions from defenseless grad students), so they finally shipped the other two books I had ordered and cancelled the third. It's just as well, really, since "Emile" is the only one of the group that I had found decent editions of in local bookstores. It's a shame it had to delay my participation in this forum that long, though.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Re: got it!

Unread post

MadArchitect wrote:Okay, well, it's been something of an ordeal, but I finally have in my possession a copy of the book, and plan to start reading it tonight. Looks like the culprit was a copy of Rousseau's "Emile" that I ordered at the same time. Amazon couldn't get a hold of the copy from their "sources" (sounds kind of ominous; I imagine black market Amazon agents stealing Hackett editions from defenseless grad students), so they finally shipped the other two books I had ordered and cancelled the third. It's just as well, really, since "Emile" is the only one of the group that I had found decent editions of in local bookstores. It's a shame it had to delay my participation in this forum that long, though.
Glad you finally got your copy. As far as delaying your participation is concerned, we haven't had much of that yet from anybody. It's understandable, what with the late start and the switch to the new board (which I really like, by the way), I think you're right on schedule.

However, I'm willing to stick with it as long as there's genuine interest in having a discussion. We could probably keep on past the end of October if anyone thinks it's worthwhile.

George

Return to “Godless in America: Conversations With an Atheist - by George A. Ricker”