• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Ready to go!

#1: June 2002 (Non-Fiction)
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Ready to go!

Unread post

I got my copy of Future Shock today. I haven't started reading it yet but plan to start on it tonight or tomorrow.

Cheryl
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Ready to go!

Unread post

Cheryl:

I'll be getting a copy this weekend too. This should be fun.
Lucaya

Unread post

I just order the book from Amazon.com. I know what all of you are thinking "is this chic lazy or what." However, prior to ordering online, I called several book stores in my area and none of them had the book in stock. Most said that they could order it, but it would take about 2 weeks. So I went to Amazon.com and found it for $4.00, what a deal. But when you add in the shipping (I chose express shipping, I do not want to fall too behind), it came to about $10.00, no big deal. The best part is that I never even had to leave my house on this very sunny Sunday afternoon. I should be here in about 2 to 4 days.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Lauren:

I haven't bought the book yet myself, but might head over to Barnes & Nobles tomorrow and see if they have it in stock. Don't worry about falling behind. This whole idea is to have fun, socialize and maybe make some friends. Notice the "Brand Spankin' New" under your name? LOL Watch it change as you post. hehe

Chris
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

Lauren,

I went to Barnes & Noble to buy the book and they didn't have it in stock. They said they could order it but I decided to call around. I called 6 different stores before I found one that had it. I asked them to hold it for me. I was going to get it Saturday afternoon after going to a meeting. But it turned out that at the meeting one of the women had brought a huge table full of books that were her father's. He recently died and she was giving them all away. I went through them and took four of them. One of them happened to be Future Shock. Hehe. So I lucked out and didn't have to pay for it!

Cheryl
greg in the machine

Unread post

Hey all,

I've been searching high and low for the past couple days to locate a copy of Future Shock. Finally at a "specialty and rare" bookshop in downtown Tampa I found someone who could help; they didn't have the book but located a woman in St. Petersburg who has two or three copies for sale.

I'm going to run down there this evening a pick up two copies, so let me know if you need one Chris.
ltlmzcbw

Unread post

If anyone is still looking, I got mine at Borders so you might want to check there. Stacy
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Greg:

Please get me one. Thanks!

Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Greg:

Did you ever buy 2 copies of the book?

Chris
greg in the machine

Unread post

I have yet to get to St. Pete. It's been kind of chaotic over here this week - my car was in the shop for two days and a friend of mine is in the hospital - so I haven't been able to make the time. I'll go on Saturday afternoon, unless you care to run down there beforehand and pick them up. I have the lady's address and phone number.

Return to “Future Shock - by Alvin Toffler”