Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 pm

<< Week of May 27, 2016 >>
Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
27 Day Month

28 Day Month

29 Day Month

30 Day Month

31 Day Month

1 Day Month

2 Day Month

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

Post Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat?
All BookTalk Members

This is an important poll for all of us to answer. I need to know how many people plan to be at the January 2, 2003 chat session with author Howard Bloom. It starts at 9:00pm EST, so I suggest planning to be in the chat room by 8:45 at the latest. This gives us a few minutes to socialize beforehand and to make sure all active members that want to be present are present.

The room holds 25 people and only 25 people. I really don't want to spend my time during this chat session dealing with active members not being able to get into the chat room because they showed up after 9:00pm and the room was filled. I would really appreciate if you were in your seat before the session starts. LOL I had to say that. And Kenny...for this one chat session we will have to insist you wear clothing. Much thanks.

There will be a thread for discussing all aspects of the chat session very soon. We will create some sort of format, but at this point this is how I see it. I think each of you should think of an interesting question you would like to ask Howard Bloom. Depending on how many people show up, we may all be limited to one question. I think we will have a thread where we can throw some questions up ahead of time, so that the rest of us can be sure there are no duplications. It would be nice to have all original questions, and not 25 variations of the same one.

There are two steps to this poll:

1. First answer the below question
2. Then post your name and answer in this thread (the poll doesn't allow me to know who answered what)

And PLEASE do not be shy about saying you won't be there. I would rather you be honest so that we get an accurate head count.

Will you be attending the Jan. 2, 2003 chat with Howard Bloom?

Results (total votes = 10):
definitely 5 / 50.0%  
probably so 3 / 30.0%  
probably not 2 / 20.0%  
nope 0 / 0.0% 

Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:24 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: Will you be attending the Howard Bloom chat?
I will definitely be there. ;)

Chris

Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:28 pm
Profile Email WWW

Definitely.

Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:05 pm

I will definitely be there.

Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:15 am

Probably.

I'd like to be there, but 2:00 a.m. GMT is way past my bedtime.

Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:06 am

probably will be there. i might be in nyc, though... not sure yet. will most likely be there, though. I really *want* to be, thats for sure.

--

"The computer is the most extraordinary part of Man's technological clothing: it is an extension
of our central nervous system. Beside it the wheel is a mere hula-hoop." -- Marshall McLuhan

Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:37 am

Probably... I do have certain obligations which might prevent me, and I can't always predict or control their timing

Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:46 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kindle Fanatic

Bronze Contributor 2

You bet your bippy!

Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:39 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Bronze Contributor 2

Most probably, although nothing is ever certain.

Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:02 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Probably not
Since I haven't kept up with the reading much I don't think I could add much to the discussion. Since space is limited (to 15 I think) I would hate to prevent someone from being there who has read the book and wants to participate because of me.

I'm going to take this time to get a head start on Global Brain. I also hope that the chat discussion transcript could appear on the site since I definately would like to read it.

B

Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:01 pm

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: Probably not
Logansrun - Looks like there will be room in the chat room. We can have 25 total. Be there if you can...it should be awesome. And yes, we will put the transcript up. ;)

Chris

Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:49 pm
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.