• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Ann Coulter: Nutcase

#11: Nov. - Dec. 2003 (Non-Fiction)
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Ann Coulter: Nutcase

Unread post

I'm glad Franken highlights Ann Coulter on the cover of "Lying Liars" and takes her on in several chapters. Of course she's makes herself difficult to ignore. Here's what she wrote shortly after 9/11.Quote:"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. "www.nationalreview.com/co...1301.shtmlThe National Review stopped carrying her column after that, not because of what she wrote in that article, but because she refused to edit a subsequent column that attempted to defend those remarks.Quote:We did not "fire" Ann for what she wrote, even though it was poorly written and sloppy. We ended the relationship because she behaved with a total lack of professionalism, friendship, and loyalty.www.nationalreview.com/nr...0301.shtmlFranken does a good job of showing this poor writing and total lack of professionalism continues in her books. There's much to discuss, but the topper for me was this quote from an interview with a sympathetic reporter which Franken also mentions in the book.Quote:"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."observer.com/pages/story.asp?ID=62588/26/02 Here the nutcase agrees with a terrorist act that killed hundreds and regrets only that he picked the wrong target! It amazes me that she is allowed to spout off on "talking head" TV shows after such a comment - I can't imagine anyone thinks she has a shred of credibility left, yet she is still all over the place... As someone said she is way out on a thin limb jumping up and down with all her might - one day she'll come crashing down. I wonder... Edited by: LanDroid at: 11/9/03 1:35 pm
MichaelangeloGlossolalia

Re: Ann Coulter: Nutcase

Unread post

The Right has had a great deal of tolerance for anyone who successfully bashed the Left in the media. As long as you hate liberals, they love you with the compassion of Christ.
Meme Wars
Gaining experience

Unread post

Sadly, the Right leans on emotionalism in the most base form. I guess it goes with reality TV.People really don't seem to care about facts any more.Monty VonnMeme Wars!
MichaelangeloGlossolalia

Unread post

True, Meme. Clinton's PR was pretty clever, but Bush's team has taken PR to new levels. If people just read a few books on marketing psychology, they'd have a better sense of when they're being manipulated emotionally.
sandor at the zoo

Unread post

As BookTalk's newest (and perhaps only) neocon, I'd like to state my agreement with the idea that Coulter is a dangerous screwball.Did you ever have one of those folks that you wanted to run up to, grab by the lapels, shake vigorously, and scream "Stay off my side! Stay off my side!" at? Well, that's how I feel about Ann Coulter.S
MichaelangeloGlossolalia

Unread post

sandor, I agree. All parties have to deal with stereotypes generated by their own idiots. And both parties in our system rely on those stereotypes in attacking the other side. So every liberal "loves taxes" (as opposed to "most liberals believe public health and welfare is a legitimate government function, worth the tax investment") and evey conservative "loves war" as opposed to "most conservatives believe war is a necessary evil." Each side attributes the worst motives to the other and then some idiot confirms it by their reaction.
LOONEYLIBERALS

Unread post

I think you people are the true nut cases.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LOONEYLIBERALSThat makes two hit & run posts. You might be right on both counts, but you haven't done a very good job explaining yourself.1. "I think you people are the true nut cases." 2. "Alice Franken is a lying liar of the first degree."So we're all nuts and Franken is a lying liar. Now exlain in detail how you came to such conclusions. Can you?Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
sandor at the zoo

Eeek! Trolls!

Unread post

I'm pretty sure that was just a random troll that came a-wanderin' through our little patch of the net. Do not feed the trolls!They thrive on attention, so I'd recommend not giving it any. If it comes back it'll probably start spamming as many threads as it can, trying to get one of us to cough up a morsel or two of response. I urge everyone to refrain from doing so. If it gets really bad you may have to ban it, Chris.With just over 100 members plus the occasional guest, BT probably doesn't get trolls all that often. But over at The Neutral Zone - a "sensitive issues" BBS I posted to for over a year - we were utterly overrun with them. It's why I stopped posting there, in fact. Do not let your site become known as a troll feeding ground; ignore the little ones, ban the big ones, and delete their posts when necessary. Doing so is not "censorship", it's pest control.S
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Eeek! Trolls!

Unread post

I've been forced to delete some of his posts and ban him. Looks like Sandor hit the nail on the head, and how unfortunate. I'd love to see some people challenge Al Franken, but I don't need immature ad hominems being tossed about.The post I deleted was one where LOONEYLIBERALS created a poll asking people how they define Al Franken. The choices were all vulgar terms. Al would probably laugh, seeing as he has a great sense of humor...but we don't need this trolling behavior around BookTalk.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Return to “Lies (And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them): A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right - by Al Franken”