• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How Many will read and participate?

#20: July - Sept. 2005 (Non-Fiction)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

How Many will read and participate?

Unread post

I know this is a question that, if answered, brings on obligation. So I will set the choices and not ask for comments or strict commiments.Just want an idea of how many people actually will be milling about.Results (total votes = 14):I will be Reading and Participating!&nbsp12 / 85.7%&nbsp I will not be reading, but will try to chime in with opinions as I see fit&nbsp2 / 14.3%&nbsp I will not be reading or participating&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: How Many will read and participate?

Unread post

I'll be reading and participating. Just finished the move and will start to discuss Freethinkers this weekend.Chris
Megaeraa

Unread post

I'll be reading and participating. On the way home from work today, I picked up my copy from the bookstore. It was the first hot walk of the season and I'm a bit overheated. Nothing a cool drink, a bowl of frozen blueberries, and a new book won't fix. -- Meg
wwdimmitt

Unread post

I probably won't get the book for about two weeks yet.But, never fear, I will jump right in to argue and offer opinions from a position of profound ignorance.heh WW
marti1900

Unread post

Hey, WW, I'm with you. I never felt the need to have any facts on hand before stating my opinion. LOLI go to the states in the middle of Aug, so will pick up the book at that time. Until then, I plan to chime in anyway.Marti in Mexico
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I will read and participate. I do not have the book yet. I should soon.
Ken Hemingway

Unread post

Men of my generation have a problem with commitment.....on the other hand I have read through chapter 6 and have posted a few times, so I'd say there is a chance I will participate.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Looks like we have a good group of people. Chris
Megaeraa

Unread post

Sorry I haven't been participating much. Things at work have gotten *very* busy, plus I'm going out of town for a bit. Hope to do better.-- Meg
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I hear you Meg...I am just tapped for time. I can get the reading in...but putting together my thoughts and posting is suffering.I am taking notes and writing down thoughts, so I will probably have a day where I will add about 100 posts in the near future! Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism - by Susan Jacoby”