• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

How many bombs will the president drop over the next 4 years? Will he be a warhawk?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: How many bombs will the president drop over the next 4 years? Will he be a warhawk?

Unread post

There's a huge difference between "anti immigrant" and "anti illegal immigrant"

Do we really need to discuss it, Geo?
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Re: How many bombs will the president drop over the next 4 years? Will he be a warhawk?

Unread post

geo wrote:a clash of cultures that might otherwise be preventable.
I do not think a clash of cultures is preventable. The polarisation between Western Civilization and pre-modern attitudes will only worsen, due to the cultural alliance between Neo-Communism and Islam. Trump represents this intuition, in my view.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:
geo wrote:a clash of cultures that might otherwise be preventable.
I do not think a clash of cultures is preventable. The polarisation between Western Civilization and pre-modern attitudes will only worsen, due to the cultural alliance between Neo-Communism and Islam. Trump represents this intuition, in my view.
You know a good deal about the world, Robert. Do you see no instances at all where Islam and other worldviews coexist? Even just a few examples would render the inevitable-clash-of-cultures prediction questionable. In fact, this prediction is very much in the way of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The motivation behind it is more about not wanting to cede cultural space to "others" than it is to save us from a threat.

Return to “Current Events & History”