• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

At The River's End

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Tokarski21
Official Newbie!

At The River's End

Unread post

I'm currently a little over halfway through an historical fiction novel, and I've been posting it one entry at a time each day. Right now about 1/4 of it is up and I'd like to share the link with you to to get some feedback and hopefully put out something you might enjoy reading.

Here is the link:
At The River's End

and here is a synopsis:

In 1669 Rene-Robert Cavalier de la Salle led an expedition up the St. Lawrence River hoping to discover a shortcut to the legendary Vermillion Sea and China. Two years later he returned to Montreal with no knowledge of what had become of the other twenty men. This is their story, told through the lost journal of Rene de Brehant de Galinee, a Sulpician priest, who joined the expedition as cartographer and chronicler.

The soldiers, led by legendary Indian fighter Captain La Roche, were under orders to secure a recent peace with the Iroquois Nation and form new relations with distant tribes. The Captain had also been tasked with investigating the recent disappearances of many of New France's fur traders.

Fathers Dollier and Galinee had been sent to spread the word of God and convert the native populations to Christianity ahead of the Jesuits. And La Salle hoped to find fame, fortune and glory.

With each entry Galinee details the wonders and dangers of their journey, and their slow descent into a primeval world where few Frenchman had been, and none had returned.

Join him each day as he adds a new chapter to their ill-fated adventure.

Thanks for looking!

Return to “Creative Writing”