• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Dreaming of a Snickers moment mixed with a cup of unfiltered bathwater?

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
S K Smith
Getting Comfortable

Dreaming of a Snickers moment mixed with a cup of unfiltered bathwater?

Unread post

Hello all from the resident C.O.
Fiction writing is obviously the written version of your dreams and ideas…. However, what dreams or desires have you had that may not be ink to paper?
For me it would be creating live entertainment shows. I would love to put a major music festival or comedy show together.
Molly28
Almost Comfortable

Re: Dreaming of a Snickers moment mixed with a cup of unfiltered bathwater?

Unread post

I did think of going into the comedy business at one point. I get nervous at public speaking, so maybe the joke writing side of it :)
S K Smith
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Molly, I hope this helps you.
I have had to give a lot of shift briefings, conduct training, and teach classes for my department. The key for me was to not look them in their eyes. If you look at the eyebrows or forehead, the person you are talking to will not really be able to tell you are not looking at them in their eyes. As you get more comfortable with talking to groups, you can make eye contact with minimal to no issues.

When speaking to large groups, find three spot just behind the back line, one on each side and one in the middle. Talk to those points and the group will never know you are looking at a wall or picture. Every once and a while, look at the space between people in the other rows and they will think you are looking in their direction.

The key in all cases is to know what you are talking about or have a PHD in BSing.

Steve
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Although I have made my living with the written and spoken word (I am a retired lawyer), my daydream is to put together a male/female vocal music duo. I woul not be a performer, but a manager/arranger. I know it sounds a little silly, but there you have it.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
S K Smith
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

There is nothing silly about our dreams, they are sometimes the driving force or salvation of hope. However, it does appear that we both have the same hobby in mind, entertaining people.

Steve

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”