• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

What, In God's Name? by Michael Barry

This forum is devoted to conversations about your favorite NON-FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: What, In God's Name? by Michael Barry

Unread post

MB wrote:A serpent is a worm. The DNA (or perhaps even a parasite) in the mammal flesh that this first placental mammal consumed... consumed it, and turned it into a serpent (a worm).
so you're going with just a loose formulation for now?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

MB wrote: One thing is for sure, I’m somewhere in the ball-park?
the question mark at the end casts doubt on the "for sure" part earlier, are you in the ball park or not?

Take me out to the ball game
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks
I don't care if I never get back
Let me root, root, root
For the home team
If they don't win it's a shame
Aahh.
For it's one,
Two,
Three strikes you're out
At the old ball game

All I need is just one chance
I could hit a home run
There isn't anyone else like me
Maybe I'll go down in history
And it's root, root, root
For the home team
Here comes fortune and fame
'Cause I know
That
I'll be the star
At the old
Ball
Game

thanks for the read Michael, thought provoking stuff to be sure :)
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Hi geo. I accept that my book hasn't been written too well, but I've made it clear that I think the idea of the world being created in six days is ridiculous. I think Moses is using the term 'day' as we would say, 'back in the day' or, 'those were the days'. They're obviously seven 'periods' of the Earth's development. Each period being millions of years in the making. The two verses I've used from the scriptures say that one day with God is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like one day.
In my book, the taking of a human rib signifies the taking of the perfect uncontaminated human genome of 48 chromosomes. Taken from Adam 'before' contamination, 'before' the eating of the forbidden fruit that changed the human genome to 46 chromosomes; contaminated. Eve was born from an X and Y sex chromosomes recombination (recombinant genetics). Two rib cells were used to do this, as explained in my book.
The only explanation I have for a 'flood' is also in my book.
I'm applying some science to what Moses is telling us in Genesis. According to my research, this is a first; that's why I call it unprecedented.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

I consider my command of the English language as very good. Some of the questions I'm being asked here are clearly answered in W,IGN.
Youkrst Wrote: i'm enjoying the book immensely and these quotes are just a bonus really, the next time i meet an innately righteous person i shall inform them that it's obvious they have a 24th pair of chromosomes and a tree of life organ attached to their appendix and that MB has said so! :)
Oh Youkrst, stop it. You know darn well that I'm referring to Jesus, so why say that?
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

With some of these posts I'm thanking the interest rather than the content. Yet another mention of snakes? There's no mention of snakes in my book, and no mention of snakes in the Genesis 'days'.
Indoctrination is a debilitating disease that causes death to millions, but there is a cure.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

No more? This was a fun read. :clap2:
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

I wonder if he is rewriting the book after the thrashing he received here. I'm sure it will be awesome once it's redone... :x
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

:yeahthat:

He needs someone to help him like a ghost writer but a great writer couldn't make heads or tails of what he's actually trying to say because the thoughts behind the words are incoherent.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Early on Michael Barry admitted that decades of hard partying had taken a toll. Obviously that was an understatement. I actually feel sorry for the poor %$@# knowing he'll waste the rest of his life chasing those lunatic ideas, totally incapable of letting them go. Imagine waking up every friggin' day compelled to push those skittery concepts with zero success. :(
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

But he probably does have some success. For every message their is an audience. The key is for him to find people that aren't firing on all cylinders. To them he's a genius and they sit captivated by his enthusiasm and confidence.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!

Return to “Non-Fiction General Discussion”