• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

If the clown of your dreams had a frown face, would you share a laugh?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
S K Smith
Getting Comfortable

If the clown of your dreams had a frown face, would you share a laugh?

Unread post

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

My name is Steven Smith and I am the author of Merging Realms. Before you allow me to rain down an unedited visual stimulation for you mind, body, and soul, I wanted to tell you about me and why I chose to write.
I wish I had some soul warming story about how I grew up writing in journals and that is what drove me to this book. However, that isn’t the case.

In 2013, I held the rank of Acting Captain for a Law Enforcement agency in the county I live in. During this time another Captain was under internal investigation for possible sexual misconduct. Throughout the investigation, a Sergeant and an Officer were let go for various reasons. Both the Sergeant and the Officer fired were charged with veracity issues as well as other infractions. Together the Sergeant and Officer fought to get their jobs back and it was during this that I became involved. Preceding to his Personnel Hearing, the Officer approached me for a character reference. I was comfortable in doing this since I had known him both professionally and personally for over ten years. After writing the letter I gave copies to his attorney and my employer.
When I handed a copy to my command staff, one of the two high ranking officials tried to talk me out of what I was doing. They implied that I needed to stay out of this. In response I had told them that I had already provided the Officer’s attorney a copy. A little over a week later both the Sergeant and the Officer were given back their jobs and found guilty of the minor infractions that occurred during the investigation.
As for me, I had surgery a few days later and a day or two prior to returning from surgery I was called by the Director of my Division… I was demoted over the phone. I was in an “Acting” capacity, so I had really wobbly legs to stand on to fight back. Moving forward to how this translates in to my book. I used writing as an outlet and read that writing about what you love or what you hate can make an interesting story. So that is what I did, while trying to fight for my rank back I wrote this story. In the end I didn’t get the rank back but I did get to publish a book.

•Are you male or female?
38 year old male,
•Where are you from?
Just outside Daytona Beach, Florida
•What are your hobbies or special interests?
Cooking, Diving, Computer games, and most importantly my family (Wife, two boys and five dogs)
•What sort of books do you enjoy reading?
Fantasy
R. A. Salvatore – The Legend of Drizzt series
Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman- Dragon Lance series
George R. R. Martin- Game of Thornes series
•How did you find BookTalk.org?
Google search
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: If the clown of your dreams had a frown face, would you share a laugh?

Unread post

:welcome:
Sounds like you will make some very interesting contributions to BookTalk...
S K Smith
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

LanDroid,
I hope that I can make you laugh while engaging you and peaking your interest.

Steve
Molly28
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

You do sound very interesting. And I especially liked your topic name :)

Return to “Everything Else”