• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What, In God's Name? by Michael Barry

This forum is devoted to conversations about your favorite NON-FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Re: What, In God's Name? by Michael Barry

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: Fortunately we do not require that technology because we are already in our solar system! :?
Michael Barry Writes: Yes Landroid, we're in our solar system. The point I'm making is about those who are not in our solar system. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't my inept writing skills?
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: I don't have time or energy to deal with the first part of that statement. I'll focus on the second part in italics (my emphasis) since it's an example of another problem with your writing style. Notice the italicized second part has nothing whatsoever to do with the first part - it's just plopped onto the end, evidently because you happened to have those random thoughts when writing that paragraph. You do this several times in the book.
Michael Barry Writes: You're right, Landroid, my bad. The second part is out of place, and I am guilty of doing this in several places. I didn't notice. That's why Booktalk is so invaluable? Regarding the first part, I believe the prestigious American scientists who have concluded that the moon landings are a crock. They're easy to find on the internet.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: You are correct because YahWeh rested on the seventh day. Therefore he actually created everything in 6 days X 24 = 144 hours! :chatsmilies_com_92:
Michael barry Writes: I don't have time or energy to deal with this one Landroid, it's pathetic.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

ser·pent ˈsərpənt/ noun
noun: serpent; plural noun: serpents
1. literary a large snake.
- a biblical name for Satan (see Gen. 3, Rev. 20). noun: Serpent; noun: the Serpent
- a dragon or other mythical snakelike reptile.
2. a sly or treacherous person, especially one who exploits a position of trust in order to betray it.
3. historical a bass wind instrument made of leather-covered wood in three U-shaped turns, with a cup-shaped mouthpiece and few keys. It was played in military and church bands from the 17th to 19th centuries.
https://www.google.com/#q=define%3A+serpent
Perhaps we're both using the word serpent incorrectly. I was using the literal definition as a snake. However the biblical use is a name for Satan. You somehow use serpent as a mortal mammal, which is totally wrong. Satan is not mortal and whether snake, dragon, or satan, serpents are not mammals.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: Noooooooooo! Please do more research in general, but in this case especially on volcanoes and subduction zones.
Michael Barry Writes: The BBC Horizon programmes (highly respected) have got some explaining to do? Landroid tells me that I have been misinformed by them.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Oh, enough of this, Landroid. You read or hear something, you believe it. I read or hear something, I believe it. We're both obviously reading from different pages and listening to different people? You're just regurgitating everything I'm challenging. That's why I have written the book... I'm challenging all of this carved in stone nonsense.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

There is no satan or devil. The words mean slander and deception. Jesus called a worm a serpent when he talked about catching fish. You can wriggle all you like, Landroid. It makes no difference to me, I've heard it all before.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: Gotta hand it to you, that's a unique interpretation. I wonder what it means to say "She died and went to heaven"?
Michael Barry Writes: And God began calling the expanse heaven. I'm going to skip a few, Landroid. Not because I can't answer them, but because I can't be bothered.
Michael Barry
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Landroid Wrote: Noooo we do NOOOT knoooow this! It's ridiculous. :no:
Michael Barry Writes: Try telling that to the Mormons? Their genetic database has tracked many genetic defects all the way back to Babylon. I guess someone must know this? I think it's been established, my book needs more details?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Michael, it doesn't require a black hole to travel between or in and out of solar systems A solar system is merely a system of planets or other bodies like natural satellites that orbit a star.

Return to “Non-Fiction General Discussion”