• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Hello World

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Frank Elder
Official Newbie!

Hello World

Unread post

My name is Frank Elder. I grew up in the Northwest Arkansas region. While I was in high school I was heavily into art, you could find me in any and all classes pertaining to art.

A very long story short, my shop trades teacher asked me if I would help with the artwork for a stained glass project he had planned and I said yes. A sweet lil' ole lady in town had a stained glass studio and donated her time and resources to us for the project. I helped out with the art and then the subsequent construction of the pieces.

Out of the clear blue she called me up and asked me to come to work for her and I said yes. That was back in 1988.

I have owned several businesses since then, including a stained glass studio. About two years ago I decided to get back into stained glass work full time. If you wish to check out some of my wok stop by my website at www.creationsbyelder.com

I just published my first book which was a project I had been wanting to do for many years. I will post up in the appropriate forum area information about that book.

Thank you for letting me be part of this group.

Have a blessed day!

Frank
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello World

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)
Frank Elder
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thank you! :)
Frank Elder
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I updated the information on my book, thought I would put it here also.

ART GLASS - Breaking Glass To Make Money: A Beginners Guide To Making Money With Art Glass - Copper Foil And Lead Explained. Vol 1 is now available to purchase.

Purchase your signed copy for only $20 (USD) which includes shipping within the continental United States here: https://squareup.com/store/creations-by ... -money-vol

Book details here: http://www.creationsbyelder.com/node/113 along with additional links for purchasing and links for international customers to purchase. Price is $19.95 (USD) plus shipping.

The Kindle version is available through Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JJ2GSSM and is listed in the Kindle Unlimited service.

Easy to understand terms for the process of going from a part time hobbyist to a full time paid artisan and the steps in between. This how to book takes a detailed look at the steps involved to allow you to follow your dreams of becoming a paid art glass artist.

Some of the details included in this book; incorporating yourself into your art, designs and pattern making, efficiency, production, custom work, safety, how to price your work, installation and service calls, where and how to sell, insurance, commission sales, using social media, marketing as a whole and teaching.

Please help me get the word out about this book by sharing with your FaceBook friends, Twitter followers, Instagramies and on your other social media platforms. Thank you to everyone who is purchasing this book, it is greatly appreciated. All of these efforts are for my family so I appreciate your help in getting the word out.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Frank, and :welcome: .
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Molly28
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome. Hope u find this site useful :)

Return to “Everything Else”