• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Re: Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

Unread post

Now that we have the two; Hillary or Trump.... it becomes for me less of a dilemma. I look forward to witnessing Hillary destroy Trump in the debates. Trump will be exposed for the retardation he has perpetrated on his very own mind.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

Unread post

Either that, or Trump will win by spreading an overwhelming fear of post-menopausal psychological symptoms and urinary incontinence.

"I will tell you one thing - it's disgusting and I can't talk about it."
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Gail
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am no longer torn. Hillary is a worse war hawk than Trump. She feels that she is above the law. She operates in secrecy. Congress won't be able to find out what she's up to. The atrocities she has committed around the world as Secy. of State make her a very DANGEROUS candidate. A wary congress can keep Trump in check. I've decided to vote my conscience. I've going for Jill Stein, though I wouldn't mind if Ron Johnson won either.
TheAwkwardBotanist
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am too. Even though I'm too young to vote, I still believe that the end of this election is like picking the lesser of two evils.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

the fact that anybody is even considering NOT voting against Donald Trump makes me very sad.

This guy is literally a Hitler in the making.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I thought I’d bring this thread back to life and ask if anyone’s fears about Trump and the GOP have come to fruition. All mine have.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I brought this thread back to the top with Chris in mind: I like Chris, I have spent time with him and his brother. I know that they have shared conservative ideas and I have been curious as to how Chris’s anxiety towards 2016 have played out. My anxiety over President Shit for Brains has been consuming, Add to him/it, McConnell and Graham and the rest of the GOP social Darwinist, It is no wonder I’ve been relatively absent from the boards. I find myself out in the public talking to anyone who will listen about the destruction happening before our eyes. I’m not extreme when involved in this endeavor, quite calm actually but I have used Booktalk.org to vent. My sincere apologies for occasional vulgarities.
ellisacoy
Master Debater

Unread post

I am excited about Elizabeth Warren. Really excited about her ideas for education. and reducing student debt. It is absolutely a necessary conversation. I wish AOC was running and was already the prez actually :D
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ellisacoy wrote:I am excited about Elizabeth Warren. Really excited about her ideas
I have quite literally never seen any candidate with ideas showing so much understanding. She went after the Big Tech companies before the press began sniffing around the anti-trust aspects of their monopoly positions. She was the first to go after abusive consumer lending in a serious way, and has good ideas to follow up what she brought in during the Obama years. She is not afraid to point out the obvious intelligence of a wealth tax, or to run on ideas rather than on appeal to donors. On pure, straight-up policy grasp, she leaves the others in the dust.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I will support her in the primaries. Some of her views risk alienating the center and losing the grasp the Democrats have on "the sanity vote". On Medical Care, for example, she may be right, but she is too far left for much of the country, just now getting its head around the Pre-Existing Condition problem. And then, of course, there is the charisma gap.

There was a marvelous satire some decades back in which characteristic parts of 10 different candidates were snipped out and spliced together, Frankenstein style, to make the ideal candidate. It was Mad Magazine who did the snipping, and the result was Alfred E. Neuman. Nevertheless, even given the warning, I wish we could have someone with Bernie's fire (but not his grumpiness), Warren's intelligence (but not her wonkish personality), Mayor Pete's wit (but straight - I know, it makes no difference, especially when the Culture Warriors have accepted the Satyr of Babylon, except that it would matter to some votes), Beto's charisma of sincerity (but with more experience in governing), Biden's ability to connect with working folks (but not his reactive approach to policy), Kamala Harris' knack for hard-hitting rhetoric (but with more of a sense of the Midwest), and Jay Inslee's understanding of the critical importance of climate policy and can-do attitude (with a teensie bit of charisma). Oh, well, if wishes were horses, it would come out as a camel.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Return to “Current Events & History”