• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

What do you think of this blurb?

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GalaxyZento
Master Debater

What do you think of this blurb?

Unread post

I'm about to release my third book and second novel: Chaos Rising. What do you think of this as the blurb for the back of the book?

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers. In a single night, every police precinct of New York City is destroyed and the White House is taken hostage. A new team of heroes must band together to discover the true evil behind it all. But that evil is ready for them. It won't be a fair fight.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: What do you think of this blurb?

Unread post

my first response was "yeah that about sums up the current situation" :-D

it seemed a reasonable blurb, but i did find myself wanting to reword it somehow, to remove that subtlest, ever so faint hint of cliche that seemed to seep through, it doesn't seem an easy task though, too much like hard work for me :-D

for example

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers.

In a world of secrets no one knows how (insert name of murderers from book here) got their hands on the strange new weapons.

aaarghhh writing is hard work :lol:
GalaxyZento
Master Debater

Unread post

Yeah, blurbs aren't easy to do. I've already had some good suggestions for little changes. When I do the page for it on Amazon I plan an additional write up to help bring the reader in some more.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

GalaxyZento wrote:I'm about to release my third book and second novel: Chaos Rising. What do you think of this as the blurb for the back of the book?

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers. In a single night, every police precinct of New York City is destroyed and the White House is taken hostage. A new team of heroes must band together to discover the true evil behind it all. But that evil is ready for them. It won't be a fair fight.
The part about the White House being taken hostage caught my eye. Do people normally say "such and such building is taken hostage"?
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I liked the first half of your blurb. You caught my attention. The last part left me wondering what the problem is though...

I'd prefer a different sentence to end it. Leaving more of a hook.
Helenography
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Sounds like a really interesting book. A few suggestions on the blurb below, I hope if you've published it sales are going well. The rejig below is just a suggestion.

In just one night every police precinct in New York City is destroyed. Alien weapons fall into the hands of murderers. The White House is taken hostage. In Earth's darkest hour, a new team of heroes band together to uncover the true evil behind it all. What they don't realise is, evil is ready for them. How do you win a fight you are destined to lose?

Return to “Creative Writing”