• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
mnleona
Official Newbie!

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Sorry. I am new on this site and started Reading Now so please ignore.

Reading Roman Mask by Thomas M. D. Brooke
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

mnleona wrote:Sorry. I am new on this site and started Reading Now so please ignore.

Reading Roman Mask by Thomas M. D. Brooke
I don't think you need to apologize for that.
tlamatini
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hello everyone. New to this site and this is my first post.
I am a fan of dystopian novels and I am currently reading "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin,
it's basically a mixture of Huxley (Brave New World) and Orwell (1984), both of which used "We" as inspiration for their respective novels.
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently re-reading the Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.
Redcraze
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

tlamatini wrote:Hello everyone. New to this site and this is my first post.
I am a fan of dystopian novels and I am currently reading "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin,
it's basically a mixture of Huxley (Brave New World) and Orwell (1984), both of which used "We" as inspiration for their respective novels.
Glad to see somebody reading "We". A novel that deserves to be better known.
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." - William Francis Butler
Redcraze
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm reading "The Second World War" by Antony Beevor. Amusingly, my father's unit gets a mention: "...although inexperienced and ill disciplined to a point which left British officers almost speechless with rage (it) proved to be a collection of formidable fighters".
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." - William Francis Butler
Rcse3t
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Currently I am reading Ulysses by James Joyce. For the first time in my whole life the book makes sense to me. I think I miss many of the puns and connections but I am totally enjoying the book just as a great story. I look forward to finding out what will happen next. Joyce is a great writer and so very funny.
Redcraze
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Rcse3t wrote:Currently I am reading Ulysses by James Joyce. For the first time in my whole life the book makes sense to me. I think I miss many of the puns and connections but I am totally enjoying the book just as a great story. I look forward to finding out what will happen next. Joyce is a great writer and so very funny.
I think you've discovered the secret of reading Ulysses: It IS a great story and everything else is secondary.
Lawnsong
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I am currently reading Saturday Requiem by Nicci French, the 6th book in the Frieda Klein series. Love this author!
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I am currently reading Trying Not To Breathe by Holly Seddon

Return to “What are you currently reading?”