• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Howdy from a bookworm and author

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Howdy from a bookworm and author

Unread post

Back story is always boring isn’t it? So I'll skip it.

If I was stuck on a desert island I’d bring my kindle, best friend and a bottle of sunscreen.

Before discovering the joys of e-books, I was a regular at my local library.
They had a lot of rules. You can only borrow ten books at once and they got touchy about late fines. Breaking up was the only way forward.

I’ve kept a journal since I was eleven. If I run out of paper when I’m out, I use my phone instead. My boyfriend complains I’m always scribbling or drawing pictures on any paper I can find. He’s wrong, I use napkins and kitchen towel too.

When I’m not writing, I enjoy wandering around the strip of shops in my small town and gardening.

I reading love Jeffery Archer’s short stories and biographies.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Howdy from a bookworm and author

Unread post

Hello there Hannah and welcome to Book Talk. :welcome: I am also an comulsive reader, and have been since I was about 5 years old (I am currently in my 70s). I enjoy all kinds of fiction (with the exception of romance), like history, biography and travel books. My current complaint is that our local library is not big enough :wink: (I live in a small town). I also like to write. I am a retired lawyer, and made my living by the written (and spoken) word for many years. Be an active member here and you will make many friends. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome!

I studied law briefly in high school. I always found it interesting. Being a lawyer must have been a stimulating career.

Great to find another compulsive reader :clap:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

I love your website.
Hannah_Baston
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks!

Stopping child abuse and making a difference is something I'm passionate about. So glad my website is resonating with people. :)

Great to be here.

Return to “Everything Else”