• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

16 Common Smoking Rationalizations, Recognized, Analyzed and Ultimate Destroyed!

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: 16 Common Smoking Rationalizations, Recognized, Analyzed and Ultimate Destroyed!

Unread post

I have never seriously smoked; as I kid I would sneak 'behind the barn' and puff on an illicit cigarette, and when I was younger I smoked an occasional cigar. But I never got the habit. Amazing when you consider that in my youth (the 1940s and 1950s) almost all adults smoked. My parents both smoked, my uncle and aunt did, as well as most of our neighbors. my older brother started smoking at age 12. In her last years, my mother lived with my wife and me. One day, we were sitting in her room talking. She had the ever-present cigarette in her hand. "This is a terrible, nasty habit," she said, "I'm glad you never started." "Why don't you quit?" I asked. She immediately became defensive and defiantly said, "Everbody's entitled to one vice." I guess one rationalizaton is as good as another.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: 16 Common Smoking Rationalizations, Recognized, Analyzed and Ultimate Destroyed!

Unread post

I find this quite educational. Thank you for posting it. I hope it will help others. Other than smoking off and on (mostly off) from junior high to high school, I never developed a habit. In fact, smoking really made me sick and never could get passed that part of it for which I am quite glad. But I know many smokers and I wonder how they can stand it, crave it. They should go into hospitals and see 60-70 somethings whose smoking caught up with them and realize where they are headed.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”