• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

Unread post

You are very disjointed.

Mexico does little to secure its side of the border and there is plenty of illegal contraband and people with questionable backgrounds that come across by illegal means (tunnels and fence hoping).

You know next to nothing about this because you are so far away from the problem that it is a mere abstraction to you.
You're also a bleeding heart lib that uses propaganda to spread your falsehoods and hate speech.

It's not being "racist" to point out there's a problem.

Save your stupid little propaganda youtube vids for another audience.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Re: Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?

Unread post

HarryB wrote:Hola! Ant, also, I have to be more clear with my post. Let me rephrase how I stated that, I agree with your question and line of questioning. What I meant to say is I disagree with the racist attitudes that seems to result from his gatherings, speeches, etc.. Not necessarily from Trump, but I feel when the times have occurred that he has asked people to leave and it has humiliated people at his rallies, that is really what I see as wrong. I do understand his stance on a wall, it is just in my opinion not a good solution. Also, I do understand him wanting to make American great, I do agree with that rallying call, just not the way he is trying to do it, organize it, etc.. I do believe there has to be a better system of control to reduce the ISS events etc, but I am just afraid his approach is not the correct or best way to do it, forceful is one thing, but I hate to see the hatred that emanates at his rallies towards others, etc.. Sorry for the way I misstated that first post, it wasn't that clear :)

Yes - I also disagree with the racist attitudes of many (not all) Hispanics at rallys.
This is the fault of detestable liberalism that encourages the violence.
It is marxism dressed up to look differently.
Last edited by ant on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Here is a case of a liberal journalist encouraging violence at a Trump rally.

I guess Johnson supports this type of criminal behavior.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/03/media/v ... ump-riots/
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

And you might also think that purely by statistical analysis you would have been right about something at some point...
But that doesn't seem to be the case either!

Ant once again refuses to hear the screams of the piranha gnawed.

Ant is in favor of piranhas chewing faces to the bone!~
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:And you might also think that purely by statistical analysis you would have been right about something at some point...
But that doesn't seem to be the case either!

Ant once again refuses to hear the screams of the piranha gnawed.

Ant is in favor of piranhas chewing faces to the bone!~

You sound as if you were trying to say something smart. you failed miserably.

So you condone the encouragement of violence at Trump rallies by Libtards, right?

The quickest way to expose a Lib's self righteous moralizing is to put them smack in the center of that which they champion and support from someplace distant.
Lawrence

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Senior

Unread post

Dear all,
I believe you are all very thoughtful and informed. What I cannot understand is why none of you strike at the core of the problem stated by Chris. "Is anyone else completely torn about who they want to be the next US President?" The political and mechanical system to establish our government in 1789 simply is incapable of providing the means for continuing the ideological beauty of the founding fathers. In 1789 America had a land mass of 13 colonies. It had a population of 1.5 million people. It took 4 months to travel from one end of our country to the other. The focus of our founding fathers was the tyranny caused by the religious concept of the "Divine Right of Kings" which established that only the pope could appoint a ruler of the people. And that he was therefore "God's Anointed." Read most any writing on Henry the Eighth and Sir Thomas More.
If you read "Democracy in America" by the French writer in 1836, DE Tocqueville, he prophesied that as soon as the electorate figured out how to get their hands in the treasury the American experiment would end. Well part of the criticism of Billary, is that they ran the white house like a motel six. You want an 15 minute audience with the president pay $100,000 for a night in the Lincoln Bedroom. And then $ 29 million for speaking fees. You surely can't be that naive.
In this day of the 21 Century, Money is the mother's milk of politics. And what Chris is lamenting is the result of this reality. It is an oxymoron to believe we can have the promises of a government designed by our founding fathers when we have not modified the systems of government that can affect those promises. We can't fix the problem that Chris if lamenting without fixing the political system that elects them. Love, Lawrence

'
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Lawrence wrote:. . . part of the criticism of Billary, is that they ran the white house like a motel six. You want an 15 minute audience with the president pay $100,000 for a night in the Lincoln Bedroom. And then $ 29 million for speaking fees. You surely can't be that naive.
In this day of the 21 Century, Money is the mother's milk of politics. And what Chris is lamenting is the result of this reality. It is an oxymoron to believe we can have the promises of a government designed by our founding fathers when we have not modified the systems of government that can affect those promises. We can't fix the problem that Chris if lamenting without fixing the political system that elects them.'
The support we see for both Trump and Bernie Sanders seems to be fueled by strong sentiment against the oligarchy that our republic has become. Hillary represents a status quo that we can barely stomach. Our government is no longer beholden to the people, but to corporations and Wall Street. I think we may be seeing the beginnings of a revolution.
-Geo
Question everything
Lawrence

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Senior

Unread post

OH GEO, I HOPE AT LEAST A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION. REVOLUTIONS TEND TO SIMPLY PUT SOMEONE OF LIKE ATTITUDE IN PLACE OF WHAT WE HAVE.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

The whole west seems to be eating itself and slicing off portions of itself for others to consume as well. The average person is at a loss for what to think because the age old idea of community, borders, and cultural identity is being ridiculed, tossed out, and considered hate thought/ borderline criminal behavior. The situation may get out of control... the more 'control' is employed. Keep an eye out for escalations like what's happening in Idaho. As for candidates, I'd rather vote for a roach than royalty.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

President Camacho wrote:the age old idea of community, borders, and cultural identity is being ridiculed, tossed out, and considered hate thought/ borderline criminal behavior.
Welcome back Mr Pres. Yes, your comment here illustrates the rather sad polarization infecting the modern world.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a totally free and anarchic world with no borders, no property and no rule of law?

Regrettably such a world would rapidly collapse into conflict and poverty.

It is a shame that the young internetistas who are so in theoretical love with refugees espouse the utterly contradictory view that in addition to open borders, governments should increase welfare expenditure, oblivious to debt, deficit and the entire existence of fiscal reality.

Return to “Current Events & History”