• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Poem-Skull is free to download for the Kindle 5/27-5/28

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
HushourJM
Creative Writing Student

The Poem-Skull is free to download for the Kindle 5/27-5/28

Unread post

Here is the Amazon link for the free download: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I6VMQAW

I like to run free promotions to get exposure and hopefully some reviews! I've already got some positive feedback for The Poem-Skull, but I'd like more! I did get compared to David Foster Wallace, which is flattering!
What is the Poem-Skull? It's a novel where poetry is a superpower. I could probably say it is more speculative fiction than science fiction, or maybe just literary fiction, mostly because of the ninjas, kaiju, unearthly midgets, demons, sinister computer interfaces that make you the computer, evil corporations, gods, poets, skulls, and general weirdness justify this label as well.
It follows the adventures of a text-heavy twenty-something young woman who finds a skull in her kitchen that quotes poetry to her and the two of them get sucked into a number of zany adventures not limited to saving the world from the death of art, evil children's musicians, ninjas, and a single fairy who has a lot of back hair. I did something weird and poetic, too, in the novel. All the dialogue of 'The Poem-Skull' itself is from real poems by poets from all across time (the Kindle format allows me to hyperlink all these so the reader can pursue them on his/her own). I also wrote a fair amount of my own poetry for it. The novel actually progresses in its third and fourth acts to a point where the entire narrative is, in a way, composed in epic verse...that is, the novel becomes a poem!
Here is the Goodreads page for the novel, too: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/206 ... poem-skull

There you have it! I hope you enjoy it if you download it.

Thanks!
JM Hushour
Attachments
ps.jpg
ps.jpg (139.48 KiB) Viewed 754 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”