• In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Mythicism roots: "Parallelomania" and German Anti Semitism

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Mythicism roots: "Parallelomania" and German Anti Semitism

Unread post

ant wrote:
DWill wrote:Something's not making sense to me about mythicists' supposed anti-Judaism. Sure, Jesus was a Jew, but what was, and is, Jesus to Jews? Nobody, almost. Attacking Jesus could be a way of getting at Christians, yes, but a strange way of demonstrating hatred of Jews.

As it relates to the context of Hegel/Strauss, you are out of contextual understanding.
I mean, seriously. Delving into that time period and attempting to understand the context would help.

There may not necessarily be a direct antipathy by mythers of today, but the root of their mytherism is rotten to the core. That's the point.
I admit I haven't watched this video. I was hoping for a thumbnail from you to sort out how allegiance to Hegel resulted in genetic antisemitism of today's mythicists. Anti-Christian roots seem more plausible. "Mythers" are just bad people to you, so I hope you can see why I'm inclined to think you're piling on.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: Mythicism roots: "Parallelomania" and German Anti Semitism

Unread post

Christians have a FAR worse record of dealing with Jews than atheists could ever hope to so for the former to accuse the letter of Jewish persecution is lame, stupid and insulting but then anything less wouldn't starflant, would it?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”