• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

A noob with some recommendations

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Infinite Prose
Almost Comfortable

A noob with some recommendations

Unread post

What's up ladies and gents. My name is Miles. I am an author, photographer, drummer and yes, I'm embarrassed to say, a rapper. My hip hop project is available 100% free on datpiff.com and YouTube (just search for Infinite Prose). I love reading almost as much as I enjoy writing poetry and fiction. I have a book published but I'm told this is not the area to discuss it. I figure a great way to introduce myself is by sharing a recommended reading list.

The Picture of Dorian Gray
Treasure Island
Flow
The Plains of Abraham
Robinson Crusoe
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Siddhartha

Hope to enjoy many great conversations with you fine folks in the future :-D
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: A noob with some recommendations

Unread post

Hello Miles,

Great introduction. I too am a drummer but I suck. :shock: I do it for fun and nothing more. I'm hoping to buy a Roland TD-15K soon as my current electronic drums are not doing well.

You have good taste in books. And I'm a rap fan myself but probably old school stuff like Tu Pac.

Welcome to the community!
Infinite Prose
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Yeah man Roland make great electronic kits, they are just super expensive! I got a used Yamaha DTXPress 3 for $500 and it was a great buy. I still prefer acoustic drums tho

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully you guys take a minute to check out Volcanic Cactus Photography, Infinite Prose, and "Psychedelic Pens and a Hopeless Romantic"

I put a lot of hard work into them!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

That's the same kit I have! But the brain on my DTXpress 3 is not working properly.
Infinite Prose
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Haha wow that's wild. Sucks the brain died, that was a great kit I love the rubber pads. I miss it - jamming at 3am with no complaints was awesome

Return to “Everything Else”