• In total there are 6 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The real Noah's ark!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

The real Noah's ark!

Unread post

Ken Hamm's re-creation of Noah's ark built with a half dozen diesel-powered hydraulically-operated cranes and cement mixers for the rebar reinforced concrete hull. Needless to say, the ship doesn't float and neither does the validity of the story. That doesn't bother Hamm, though. When confronted about his inability to build the ark exactly as described in the bible, Hamm responds in presuppositional fashion: "Were you there?"

Gee, did we need to be when we have the bible right in front us telling us how this thing was built? And even if we accepted that crazy story as historical, this is yet more proof that Hamm is not following the bible since Noah's boat supposedly floated and Hamm's doesn't. Gotta be doing something wrong, son, and I didn't need to be there to know that. Just like I didn't need to be there to know Noah wasn't using diesel-powered cranes or mixing concrete.

Now what more proof do you need that the bible stores are physically and historically impossible than when you can't build an ark even when given explicit instructions? God's word? Don't bet on it.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: The real Noah's ark!

Unread post

LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Heh, well those scientists calculated the ark could have carried the weight of a pair of all animals, but not whether they would all actually fit in that primordial Boaty McBoatface. Minor detail! :shock: Also the ark was afloat not for 40 days and nights, but for over a year! Now calculate and add how much food would have to be stored on that ark to feed all those species for over a year, plus all the excrement shoveling that was required without benefit of modern bulldozers. :P

The caption to the following photo states "photo from behind showing towers with elevators, restrooms & stairs." Hmmm that sounds rather non-Biblical.

Here's a member of SkepChik with an update on the ark project opening 7/7/16.
http://skepchick.org/2016/05/ken-hams-a ... y-of-noah/

And here's a "trailer" for the ark project showing the wondrous compassion of YahWeh.
https://youtu.be/0yT47gM2dmg

By the way, I live close enough to this ark project and the creation museum to actually visit and report on them, but I don't want to give Mr. Ham any more money than he has already extracted from taxpayers and gullible visitors. :?
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

...but I don't want to give Mr. Ham any more money than he has already extracted from taxpayers and gullible visitors.
I'm with you on that.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Could Noah’s Ark Float? In Theory, Yes
Basic physics suggests that an ark carrying lots of animal cargo could float, but science doesn’t support other facets of the biblical tale

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-n ... 85/?no-ist
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yes - it could float. Most certainly. In theory.
But nobody is willing to actually replicate completely (with animals and all) to test the hypothesis completely for verification.
You'd have to be a bit crazy to lose sleep over it though.

But then again, it's Roy.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

There's another war of the billboards a-brewing! I haven't seen this one, but supposedly Ken Ham is putting up about 16 of this billboard in the area.

In response, there's an attempt to put up a billboard something like this. No success so far.

A group of atheists based in Northern Kentucky raised $10,000 for a billboard protesting the soon-to-open Ark Encounter amusement park, a place where Christian scripture is taken so literally that a Noah’s Ark replica is being built using ancient measurements called “cubits.”

But two billboard companies have rejected the Tri-State Freethinkers’ interpretation of the story of Noah’s Ark as one of “genocide and incest.” The proposed billboard design shows a Noah’s Ark with people drowning around it and the words “Genocide and Incest Park: Celebrating 2,000 years of myths.”

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article76783357.html
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

A group of atheists based in Northern Kentucky raised $10,000 for a billboard protesting the soon-to-open Ark Encounter amusement park, a place where Christian scripture is taken so literally that a Noah’s Ark replica is being built using ancient measurements called “cubits.”
That's a lot of money and involvement for atheism just being a TRAIT, huh, Landroid?
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:
Pretty funny considering Hamm's boat doesn't float.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Wow there is another replica that does float. And crash.
Ark Replica Crashes Into Moored Norwegian Coast Guard Vessel

http://www.coveragemail.com/random/joha ... rd-vessel/

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”