• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Hello from NY!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lmcginley002
Official Newbie!

Hello from NY!

Unread post

Hello! My name is Laura and I am excited to join this virtual book club! I am from Syracuse, NY but now live in the Hudson Valley. I enjoy a wide variety of books, if it is well written and interesting I will read it regardless of genre. I work two jobs, one in the solar industry and one at a whiskey distillery and am passionate about both. I also love animals, and personally have two guinea pigs. I found this website via a NY times article about online book clubs.

A few years ago, I organized a book club among a group of friends where we would choose a book and get together to discuss it. This in person club worked out well for several months, but fell apart as people moved, so I moved it to a Facebook group. While it is still technically active what generally ends up happening is we democratically select a book, and a month after choosing I will ask who is ready to discuss and I end up very lucky if one other person has read the book. While I plan on maintaining that book club I would love to also participate in an active club where there are discussions happening around every book.

I feel that I get so much more out of my reading experience if I have others to discuss it with! I’m looking forward to getting to know you all!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello from NY!

Unread post

Welcome to the BookTalk.org community, Laura. :-)
Nancy Ann Rose
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hello from NY!

Unread post

Hi Laura! Nice to meet you.

Nancy Ann Rose

Secrets & Lies ~ Available Now from Liquid Silver Books
Sometimes love is the best-kept secret of all

Website: narose.altervista.org Liquid Silver Books: www.lsbooks.com
Amazon Author Central: www.amazon.com/author/nancyannrose

Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/author/show/14713699.Nanc ... y_Ann_Rose
The Romance Reviews: www.theromancereviews.com/narose