• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

New Memoir #1 Top 10 Best Real Life Stories of Addiction and#1 on Buzzfeed's Top 10 books to Catch U

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Shary Hauer
Official Newbie!

New Memoir #1 Top 10 Best Real Life Stories of Addiction and#1 on Buzzfeed's Top 10 books to Catch U

Unread post

Hello Dear New Friends at BookTalk,

I’m Shary Hauer, author of INSATIABLE: A Memoir of Love Addiction and I wanted to say hello and introduce myself and new book to you.

When I stumbled upon the fact that there is an actual disease called love addiction just four years ago, I was floored. Of course, we all know about sex addiction. The salacious headlines about Tiger Woods, Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Wiener are impossible to ignore. But, love addiction? Yes. What’s been referred to as the quieter, less raunchy cousin of sex addiction, is real.

Finally, I had a name for my lifelong affliction.

I wrote this book because I believe there are legions of women just like me: confident, independent and ultra-successful in every aspect of their lives, except love. When it comes to love we de-evolve, morphing into needy, clingy, desperate women who secretly believe we are worthless without a partner by our side. I have a deep-seated desire to magnify the awareness of love addiction and to help relieve the suffering of women and men like me. By sharing my story with others I hope to illuminate the rocky and ultimately redemptive road from addictive love to healthy love.

About the Book
In her professional life, Shary Hauer was a confident, successful, high-caliber executive coach who advised big-time corporate leaders around the globe―but her personal life was an entirely different matter. When it came to love, she was insecure, clingy, desperate, willing to do anything and everything to win and keep a man. Because without a man by her side, what good was she? In Insatiable, Hauer fearlessly chronicles her emotional journey from despair to hope, rejection to redemption, and self-hate to self-love, one man at a time. In candid detail, she relates what it is like to be trapped in the torturous cycle of love
addiction―what it’s like to be forever searching, needing, obsessing, scheming, and agonizing for love, suffering from a hunger that never ceases―and what it takes to break free of that cycle. An intimate, soul-baring tale that sheds much-needed light on one of the least understood and talked about addictions, Insatiable is the story of one woman’s journey through the hellish, the humiliating, and the humbling in her single-minded pursuit of the most addictive drug of all: love.

Invitation
I would love for you to select Insatiable http://amzn.to/1crsXz6to read and review. At my book signings and talks, there is always an engaging conversation about love, relationships, what worked, what didn’t and the hard-won lessons learned. It would be fantastic to connect with you to hear about your relationship sagas and triumphs.

Early Honors
Insatiable was named:
#1 on the Top 10 Best Real Life Stories of Addiction and Recovery by Culturalist.com culturalist.com/l/best-real-life-storie ... ery-102810
#1 on Buzzfeed's Top 10 books to Catch Up On This Summer
buzzfeed.com/andreakennedy/10-books-to- ... ruWw0xDPv7

Reviews
I have been blown away, truly, by how many readers are connecting to my book:
“That’s me, that’s my story!” Never in a millions years did I expect to hear “My sister is living exactly that life. She needs to read your book!” and, “I have a friend who lives in Chicago who could have written that excerpt! I got chills.”

Completely unexpectedly, readers are telling me they are recommending and buying copies for their girlfriends and daughters and that it is a perfect book club book:

• “Excellent and very powerful…not just for love addicts, but for women in general. I think there are elements of the “love addict” in many of us.”

• “Every woman will find a piece of themselves in this book and can learn from Hauer’s incredible journey to finally love herself.”

• “Though I don’t suffer from love addiction, I resonated with the author’s journey to shed the limits of her “less-than” thinking…as well as what it means to genuinely love yourself.”

• “Shary has written an invaluable book about the relationship pitfalls we have all encountered.”

• “…one of the most well-written, engaging, and spot-on books on relationships and what we do to convince ourselves they will work, if only we try harder! Given to several of my closest girlfriends.”

About The Author
Shary Hauer is a Master Certified Executive Coach (MCC) with twenty years of success in Leadership and Executive Development with Fortune 500/1000 leaders, and the founder of The Hauer Group, a strategic consulting and coaching firm. Her business writings have been published in outlets including Working Woman and HOW magazines and The CEO Refresher; her creative nonfiction work has been published in Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul and Sage Woman magazine. She was recently selected as a resident expert in relationships and love for the She Knows online community.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SharyHauerAuthor/

I look forward to connecting with you in the coming weeks!

Happiness + Love,

Shary
Attachments
insatiable final cover small.jpg
insatiable final cover small.jpg (45.68 KiB) Viewed 953 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”