• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Softly and Tenderly

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ljbinion
Official Newbie!

Softly and Tenderly

Unread post

My name is Lisa Binion. I have previously written for websites such as BellaOnline and The News in Books. Last year, I started my own website, Lisa's Writopia. I write, but I also edit books for other authors. Softly and Tenderly, written by me, is the first book I have published.

It was published on Smashwords on January 16, 2016. I also published it as an ebook on Amazon a few days ago.

Here is the Smashwords link - Smashwords link

And here is the Amazon link - Amazon link

What is my book about? A description is below.

“Mom died in her sleep last night.” Those are terrifying words for a child to wake up to. When a beetle falls off her mom's stretcher and stares at her, it is the beginning of one of the strangest and most frightening times in Lori’s life. Death is not a pretty thing, especially not when the funeral is to be at the Lights Out Chapel and Crematorium.

Once she walks into the funeral parlor, she experiences things that no little girl should ever have to. No one is acting right. No one can see what she is seeing. Is Lori hallucinating? There is absolutely nothing soft and tender about what happening to her.
From her overly morbid piano teacher to the creepy preacher to her father who just isn't acting normal, Lori is surrounded by people and things that hint of something bizarre. .

Five years later, when history begins to repeat itself, the discovery that her family is anything but ordinary and that they are not who she believed sends her world spiraling into chaos. When abducted and taken to a world she never knew existed, Lori's eyes are slowly and painfully opened to the truth of who she and her family really are.

But there is a traitor among them. Until she discovers who it is, her life and everything she loves is in danger.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”