• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Plantinga weighs in on the irrationality of A-theism

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Plantinga weighs in on the irrationality of A-theism

Unread post

oh man :-D i was just checking out Plantinga and shaking my head in disbelief :slap:

so i did a search and this thread came up. So good to see i am not alone in my reaction :-D

guys like that frustrate me so much, but what is worse is the christians use him to buttress up their BS, see, they say, Plantinga agrees so that shows we aren't making silly assertions with no evidence.

i must now read a book on how to get babies off their pacifier to learn some wisdom on techniques to get christians to give it up already.
1. Take it away early
2. Go cold turkey
3. Make it taste bad
4. Give it away
5. Take it away gradually
6. Sabotage it
7. Leave it for the Binky Fairy
8. "Lose" it
9. Read books about it
10. Let nature take its course
Be careful what you wish for
More about pacifiers
i'm seeing that christians are christians not because of reason but they don't want to seem unreasonable, even though they are.

if only they could see their religion as simply meaningful mythology and not as fact :-D

it's a real mess, but why can't they just say, it's a mystery and i use this system as a metaphor to think of the mystery, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not.

why do they have to insist it's a rational reasonable position to say mythology is fact.

you are less than me if you don't accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour :lol:

as the saying goes

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

but one thing i have been thinking is how you can be smart but it only helps if you have specific knowledge and honesty in the field you are addressing.

outside of your area of understanding smartness can be a bad thing because you can come up with cleverer ways to avoid your own ignorance.

well it's always fun to think and be challenged to think.

play on.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Plantinga weighs in on the irrationality of A-theism

Unread post

Give me strength, now he is preaching the gospel as if it is fact :coco:

I'm stunned, I think he just implied God has to allow evil so he has something to save us from :furious:

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”