• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

My book: Revised Edition on God's Team

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
lmikewhite
Official Newbie!

My book: Revised Edition on God's Team

Unread post

Pete Maravich, Aaron Rodgers, John Wooden, Bobby Bowden. They were some of the best athletes and coaches their sports had to offer. They were also Christians and were on God's team. Their faith was the most important thing in their lives. They lived and shared it with those around them and younger people who looked up to them. John Wooden was considered a role model to many. In my book, I write about these things and their involvement with charities through which they helped many. The book has eight of the nine chapters in the original On God's Team, read by a number of people worldwide, plus chapters on John Wooden, Aaron Rodgers, and Lance Berkman. It is on Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015X3FX4Q
lmikewhite
Official Newbie!

Re: My book: Revised Edition on God's Team

Unread post

Starting tomorrow my ebook will be free for five days. If you like sports and have ever wondered about the faith of some of your favorite athletes, you will like it. It can be found at this link: http://www.amazon.com/Revised-Gods-Team-Mike-White-ebook/dp/B015X3FX4Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1446667611&sr=1-1&keywords=revised+edition+on+god%27s+team
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Recently, there have been reports of Christian high school football players and coaches being disciplined for praying or pointing to the sky. While I think that's ridiculous and such people should be able to express themselves any way they want, I've never understood the big deal made about the religious faith of athletes or coaches. The custodians and waterboys might also have strong faith, but they're never celebrated. I just don't get it, sorry.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

So DWill, Do you know God? If not, than it would be difficult to understand. Knowing God and giving him praise is a personal persuasion and understanding. It is maybe associated with looking up into the stands to see mom or dad in their familiar place. A point of enjoyment for both to share in the moment.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

brother bob wrote:So DWill, Do you know God? If not, than it would be difficult to understand. Knowing God and giving him praise is a personal persuasion and understanding. It is maybe associated with looking up into the stands to see mom or dad in their familiar place. A point of enjoyment for both to share in the moment.
No, Brother Bob, I can't say I know God. But maybe you missed my point, which was not to denigrate people who know God, but to question why being famous, whether as an athlete or politician, makes religious faith more of a story for the rest of us. I would think that the athletes would be somewhat embarrassed to see themselves held up as models of righteousness, simply because they're famous. Wouldn't they tell us that their faith is no more worthy of being noted than that of the janitor at the stadium? You reference a feeling between people that I certainly have no objection to.
lmikewhite
Official Newbie!

Unread post

This revised edition may be new, but the original sold numerous copies throughout the world. Check it out:http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015X3FX4 ... d%27s+team

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”