• In total there are 23 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What is a Biotech Thriller?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

What is a Biotech Thriller?

Unread post

Let’s first look at a quick definition for a thriller novel. Thrillers are action filled stories where the plot usually involves an antagonist who presents obstacles that the protagonist must overcome. Depending on what subject mater these novels cover determines the sub genre they fit into. However, sometimes these stories end up covering more than one topic and might not fit conveniently into one of the recognized sub genres. That’s what happens with what I refer to as biotech thrillers.
Biotech thrillers are crossover novels for medical thrillers and technological thrillers. Medical thrillers deal with some aspect of medicine. Sometimes they deal with a mysterious disease. Now as for technological thrillers (technothrillers), cutting-edge technology is central to the plot. Well if one uses medical technology to deal with or even be the cause of an epidemic disease in a story, this would be what I would refer to as a biotech tale. Now to make these novels into thrillers, add bioterrorists.
Now, can anyone think of novels that fit into the sub genre of biotech thrillers?
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: What is a Biotech Thriller?

Unread post

To get this thread going, let met list my own biotech thrillers.
"The True Virus"
http://www.amazon.com/True-Virus-Thrill ... true+virus
"Green Power"
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Power-Thril ... reen+power

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”