• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Upcoming Book "Come on MAN, Speak English to ME about GOD"

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Upcoming Book "Come on MAN, Speak English to ME about GOD"

Unread post

NASA has done this for over 40 years. They assume there is another planet that can sustain life. And they just keep looking even with no evidence supporting their case.

Now if they find a planet that could sustain life their ASSUMPTION was right.

come on man. We ASSUME a lot in life and are often wrong. BUT the possibility of proving your assumption right is still a possibility until all your options are exhausted.

My book takes the position that assumes if there was a God how would it be the most beneficial way to communicate His message? Even mankind ASSUMING that God does exist is logical evidence - it is not substantiated proof to God's existence, but it is still evidence, JUST WEAK!
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

brother bob wrote:NASA has done this for over 40 years. They assume there is another planet that can sustain life. And they just keep looking even with no evidence supporting their case.
Yet they readily admit that their assumption proves nothing. Assumptions don't prove anything. If they find evidence, the status changes. Until then, we're agnostic regarding alien life.
Even mankind ASSUMING that God does exist is logical evidence - it is not substantiated proof to God's existence, but it is still evidence, JUST WEAK!
No, it is not evidence.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

It is evidence. NASA looking for other planets to sustain life is logical proof that they are looking for life. Proof only fulfills its assumed evidence.

The book fulfills the many aspects to prove God's existence by tangible, logical, reasoning, emotional, spiritual, archeological, historical, medical and scientific evidence.

the book will speak for itself. When such a volume of evidence is presented it proves the answer can be nothing but God is real!
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Landroid, you are deeply wrong by saying "One example is Darwin was not aware of DNA, but when that was analyzed it confirmed his theories. In addition, when DNA was discovered genome sequencing was not available; that method further confirms evolution."

My book discusses the concepts of evolution vs. creationism and its essesntial knowledge needed to overcome false concepts. DNA does not confirm evolution! But I will give you a means to prove your point.

How does DNA confirm evolution? Be prepared to be corrected. But that is said in the nicest means.

Give it your best shot!
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

It is evidence. NASA looking for other planets to sustain life is logical proof that they are looking for life. Proof only fulfills its assumed evidence.
You're conflating these two:

1) We're looking for alien life
2) Alien life exists

If NASA is looking for alien life, that is proof of number one; we're looking for alien life. But it is not even evidence of number two; alien life exists. Not even weak evidence.

To translate this to what you're saying, your assumption proves that you're looking for god. But that is not evidence that any god exists, not even weak evidence.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Interbane, brother bob's confusion on what constitutes evidence and/or proof can be mitigated by his reading and discussion of "Good Thinking."
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Interbane, Well this is easy. If you believe that aliens exist, you should already know there is a God. haha
The point was if one goes on the assumption of something is a logical process to take place. It does not demand that the solution or finding is guaranteed, but it is probable, and that is good enough evidence to continue doing ones research. Edison had 2,000 failures to his success of producing the light bulb.

The book deals with if man could experience seeing God for one short period of time, and only once, to prove his existence. Would man want that to happen?
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Bob Quote "The book deals with if man could experience seeing God for one short period of time, and only once, to prove his existence. Would man want that to happen?"

So Interbane, I did not get your answer. What would you want?
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Interbane why the crickets? You guys are set up for a discussion of topics? But you give no answer. This is insanity.

Bob Quote "The book deals with if man could experience seeing God for one short period of time, and only once, to prove his existence. Would man want that to happen?"

So Interbane, I did not get your answer. What would you want?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Interbane why the crickets? You guys are set up for a discussion of topics? But you give no answer. This is insanity.
bob, it may be that your forthright style has discouraged them

it may be that they are busy

it may be they simply find the discussion unrewarding

it may be any one of a million things

people are not OBLIGATED to quickly respond to any and every post i may make.

it should not be surprising if a day or two may pass before a reply may or may not eventuate.

most of these guys aren't worried about a massive amount of people going to hell (they dont believe in it) so there may be less urgency in their to and froing.

also i think your writing style may have put them off a bit.

but they are an amazing lot and will respond if you can frame your post in a way that draws their interest, and engages them as an equal.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”