• In total there are 20 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Escape From Purgatory

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Faust
Official Newbie!

Escape From Purgatory

Unread post

After taking a hit from a bookstore not wanting to have my novel on their shelves, I hope to find the "right" audience.

Title: Escape From Purgatory
Author: Sephor Rud
Pages: 240
Price: 3.99 USD
Available: Amazon, Google Play, Kobo, iTunes, N00k, and SephorRud.com

Synopsis: Damien Ambrose finds himself in a dark haze about the bloody night that his family was killed by him. He remembers nothing about the murder, and finds himself remembering less about his family. Could he really have killed them, or is there some other explanation? We follow Damien as he goes through a psychiatric ward to the infamous Mansfield Asylum for the criminally insane. Delve deep inside the mind of an isolated life, where the battle of sanity is a constant war. Is he damned to spend the rest of his life behind walls, or can he escape from the prison of his body and mind?

I would really appreciate any support, feedback, reviews. This is my dream and my passion, something I want to do for a living. I really can't see myself doing anything else. Hope you enjoy!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Escape From Purgatory

Unread post

Looks interesting. However the cover doesn't seem to match the book. That ghoul implies an escape from the supernatural purgatory, but I gather the book is about an insane asylum and his own mind. Perhaps a more human looking creature in a straight jacket would be more accurate?
Faust
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The book itself was initially never suppose to give what the character could look like, and represent what he goes through. I do get your point though.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Well the question must be stated "Why do you think there is a purgatory?" What concept said there is such a place. Catholicism made it up to up the coffers of the institution. So if such a place does not logically exist because it was made up during the medieval times there is no need to escape it. Would you not agree or do you think such a place exist? I guess you do so pleas explain why. Tks man
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

brother bob,
You misread the subject of the book. As I posted before, it's about an insane asylum, not the supernatural purgatory.
Faust
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Some people confuse my novel by the cover. They seem to think it is about someone actually going to an intermediate state in the after life. This is not at all true if you read the synopsis of the book.

"We follow Damien as he goes through a psychiatric ward to the infamous Mansfield Asylum for the criminally insane."

The hospital got the nickname from people in the book, as it separates them while they wait to go to a better or worse place.

Thank you for your question, as it does give me the chance to clear up any misunderstanding someone may have.
LanDroid wrote:brother bob,
You misread the subject of the book. As I posted before, it's about an insane asylum, not the supernatural purgatory.
Thank you for clearing that up.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I'm sorry. I agree with LanDroid's comment that it implied the supernatural realm and picturing a ghoulish person. But best wishes and sorry again!
Faust
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I must have forgot to post here. Today is the last day to enter the Giveaway on GoodReads.com for 1 of 3 autographed copies of my novel.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show ... -purgatory

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”