• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

I Believe This Book Can Help Someone

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
dfmnola
Eligible to vote in book polls!

I Believe This Book Can Help Someone

Unread post

A friend of mine in AA shared a book with me that his group read last year, and I just finished it and was blown away. It's called The Nephew Letters. I got it at Amazon on Kindle but the paperback is reasonably priced. It opened my eyes to the struggle people go through with alcohol. I HIGHLY recommend it.
dfmnola
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: I Believe This Book Can Help Someone

Unread post

Proof that sharing books is awesome: Before I even read it I recommended this book to a friend whose son is struggling with addiction and she said it motivated him to go to his first AA meeting yesterday. Incredible.
LizzyMaxwell
Official Newbie!

Unread post

That's how I feel about Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman. It was a wake-up call for me. Helped me realize I was in a destructive relationship and headed on a downward spiral into depression. http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Confessions- ... 679&sr=1-1
gbodor
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome to the group Lizzy. I noted you are new to booktalk as well. I have not read this book but will now look at it with intent to do so.

gari
LizzyMaxwell wrote:That's how I feel about Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman. It was a wake-up call for me. Helped me realize I was in a destructive relationship and headed on a downward spiral into depression. http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Confessions- ... 679&sr=1-1

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”