• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

helllllloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
teawithlo
Official Newbie!

helllllloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post

:-D My name is LO! I am new to all of this. My TBR is so big right now. I need help picking what to read next. anyone wanna help?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: helllllloooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post

:welcome:

TBR = to be read? Well you might follow our non-fiction poll and join in the discussion next month. Don't think you can vote 'til you get 5 posts.
http://www.booktalk.org/what-non-fictio ... 19945.html

We are soliciting suggestions for FREE fiction to read starting in September. You might get some ideas there, or again join in once you're able.
http://www.booktalk.org/please-suggest- ... 19965.html

See "sticky" topics at the top of each forum or the "announcements" box on the right side of your screen.
mycroftmy
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Good day Lo. I too am new to this forum, and any forums in general. I haven't found your list of TBR novels yet, but if you mention a few titles, perhaps I can make a suggestion.
teawithlo
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
between the lines
ready player one
a court of thorns and roses
paper towns
looking for alaska
to kill a mocking bird.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Please join our upcoming book discussions. Venture out to the other forums and make yourself at home.
mycroftmy
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

teawithlo wrote:Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
between the lines
ready player one
a court of thorns and roses
paper towns
looking for alaska
to kill a mocking bird.
For the simple reason that I had recently just read one of the novels on your list, I recommend that you read Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird". The story is one of the best in American literature, and it's characters will become forever etched into your mind.
Ms. Lee had (for about 50 years) previously stated that "Mockingbird", would be the only novel she would ever publish. Recently this changed, as according to Lee's lawyer Tonja Carter, she re-examined Lee's safe-deposit box in 2014 and found a manuscript for the story "Go Set a Watchman", which she had previously assumed to be an early draft of "To Kill a Mockingbird". After contacting the then 88-year old Lee and reading the manuscript, she passed it on to Lee’s agent. Because of this "Go Set a Watchman" was recently published, and it will be one of my TBRVS (to be read very soon) books. Evidently "Watchman" was written prior to "Mockingbird", but takes place some 20 years after the events in "Mockingbird".
Therefore, you can have the privilege of reading both, either back-to-back, or very close to each other.
Good luck with your decision, whatever it may be.
John

Return to “Everything Else”