• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Life: Our Choice or Predestined?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.

Poll ended at Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am

Our Life, Our Choice(s)

No votes
Our lives are Predestined

100%

Total votes: 1
AriesCharm23
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

When we are faced with a guarantee, the one thing in life that is a true rarity, how many of us would really take it when the temptation of the unknown pulls at our heart to see, to satisfy more than just the curiosity but the lust and the addiction of what we believe at that moment to be what we really want?

Imagine standing at a fork in the road, on one side you are faced with safety and security, the other contains the unknown, and yet, it demands your attention, peaks your interest, and ultimately tempts your curiosity....which road would you choose? More importantly, when you reached the end, if you had a chance to go back to the decision you made, knowing now where the outcome would take you, would you take the detour or choose the straight path to get you to your final destination?

I think it's safe to say the general response would be "It depends a great deal on the final destination." But whether good or bad, I ask you to consider this, are the choices we face really ever more than two options that will eventually lead us exactly where we are meant to be, and who we are meant to be with; the only true factors, the length of time it takes for us to arrive and the person we become along the way.

"Dark Hearts Arise", the first book of the A. Heart's Destiny SAGA, challenges you to question whether we control where our path goes, or is it all predestined?

Now available for purchase on Amazon.com ($4.99 Digital) join the conversation and get lost in the world that is Avery Heart's. Vengeance, Murder, Sex, Lies, Hope- A truly unique, unpredictable and unforgettable story of Life and Love and the choices we make. An intense mix of emotions and a strange combination of genres bring together a story that will have you on the edge of your seat and questioning which parts just may have been based off some reality. Fortunate for you, it does not just end at one book. Are you ready to take the journey that is A. Heart's Destiny?

I am the Author of The A. Heart's Destiny Saga. :clap: Email me a snapshot of your purchase (either digital or hardcopy) and review on Amazon to receive a FREE first look/unpublished digital copy of the second book from the Saga, "Bleeding Hearts" within 48 hours. I look forward to reading your reviews, answering your questions and responding to your emails. Check out my website for more info ariescharm23.wix.com/aheartsdestinysaga :thanks2:
Attachments
BookCover for books printed.jpg
BookCover for books printed.jpg (78.81 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
AriesCharm23
Getting Comfortable

Re: Life: Our Choice or Predestined?

Unread post

I received some views, which means there must be some thoughts on this topic..who will be brave enough to open this topic for discussion? My book aside, I am interested to see people's honest opinions. Are we really in control of where we end up, or is the plan already set for us??
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

I recall a book from years back called The Celestine Prophecy, which as I remember it said that nothing was accidental, that there is a reason for everything that happens. I wonder if your book ends up taking a particular view on this. (I know, I should just have to read it!) I myself have a strong, intuitive sense that the events in our lives have no rationale whatsoever. Even the fact that I'm here typing this is completely accidental. I wouldn't be doing it if a certain detail on the day my parents met had been different, or even if a certain detail a year before they met had been different. Everything that happens is emergent, a product of up-to-the-second circumstances, and I think there's a lot of food for thought in that.
AriesCharm23
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I do apologize for the delay in response! I also Thank you :). The Celestine Prophecy, I'm not familiar with it, but I will definitely take a look into it. I encourage you to take a look at my book as well, especially since it's available for free on amazon for an Independence Day Special. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I can't really say much without risking the view, but I will say that I left it up to interpretation; was it coincidence or was it meant is the ultimate question. I do take a particular view, and it may be evident in the story, but I wanted to make the reader think, question and wonder- I think that's where the fun is :). In response to your view, I find that I must question that, if any detail had been different the result would have been different, so could it be possible that because no detail was different, it was exactly as it was meant to be...for a reason? lol There's no real way this can be proven for sure right now, but consider the possibility that, even if one detail could have been different, could it still have had the same result in the end? The only difference was the length of time it took to get there. Meaning perhaps your parents could have met the next day, or a week later- then in turn your birth would have been delayed time wise, but seeing as they met, and connected the result of you was inevitable :) I personally enjoy this topic, and could probably go on for hours. If you feel the same, I encourage you to see The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon, if you haven't already. It definitely touches on this, and provides great food for thought. I look forward to hearing your response :) ~ AEV <3
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

could it be a bit of both?

like a hand of solitaire, you can choose which cards to move and where but only within the parameters the deal and the rules etc allow?

i often get better results replacing "or" with "and" as an operator.

ie.

do you want cream OR icecream with that apple crumble?

i'll have cream AND icecream thanks :-D (AND don't scrimp on the crumble) :lol:
AriesCharm23
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Lol I've never played solitaire....Perhaps, some things can be a bit of both, not just black or white, such as cream and ice cream lol, but in the unique case of chance And circumstance, can both be a choice simultaneously when they appear to oppose one another? Can two concepts, two items, that serve as contradictions coexist on the same level without one surpassing/ overshadowing the other?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

AriesCharm23 wrote:Lol I've never played solitaire
well fish then :-D
AriesCharm23 wrote:Can two concepts, two items, that serve as contradictions coexist on the same level without one surpassing/ overshadowing the other?
yes?

all a question of balance?

as soon as you say up it implies down, one cannot exist without the other.

as soon as you say presence it implies absence, absence is nice as it makes the heart grow fonder and who doesn't like presence, unless it's nickelback of course. :-D
AriesCharm23
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Now that is an interesting concept/notion....chance can not exist without circumstance and vise versa...lol I feel like we may actually be getting somewhere! Now if that's true, which it makes enough sense for me to believe it is, in this specific case of life being a choice or predestined, could chance be the brief gift of freedom of choice? But really an illusion, because the two choices we are given will ultimately bring us where we are meant to be, but as previously theorized by me, the only true factors are the length of time it takes to get there, and the person we become along the way? Chance exists so that we may feel as if though we have a bit of control, an actual say in our own lives. Therefore it is a chance to spread our wings, take a detour, or perhaps continue down the straight path. Circumstance however is exactly where we are placed so that no matter the choice, we still end up where we are meant to be. Unfortunately, none of this can be proven, that I'm aware of, at the moment anyway ;) In the end, or even presently, I can say every action, every thought has led to this specific moment which will lead to another, a continuous chain reaction that doesn't end until we die. However, since there is no parallel, it's not possible to have one version of us make a series of choices, the other the opposite and see if indeed both will end up in the same place or not. Frustrating isn't it? Well at least for someone who has an obsession will needing to know ;) lol
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

it's a fascinating mystery fer sure.

as some expressed it
mysterium tremendum et fascinans—that is, a mystery before which the human race both trembles and is fascinated, is both repelled and attracted.
do you have a lucky 7 ? :-D

no, fish! :)

right that's it, lets play contract bridge :lol:

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”