• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

The Sea Garden by Deborah Lawrenson

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Deborah Lawrenson
Official Newbie!

The Sea Garden by Deborah Lawrenson

Unread post

Hello! I'm new to this forum but I wanted to tell you about my novel The Sea Garden, which has just been published in paperback by Harper. I'm British, and in 2011 my US debut novel The Lantern, was published to some great reviews and gathered comparisons to Daphne du Maurier. The Sea Garden isn't exactly a follow-up, but it is set in the same area of the South of France, which I know well, and features one of the best-loved characters from The Lantern, Marthe the perfume maker.

—Sarah Jio, author of Goodnight June and Blackberry Winter says: “Atmospheric, intoxicating and impossible not to get lost in.”
— Sarah Blake, author of The Postmistress says: “Marvelous … think Graham Greene with a dash of Poe.”

If that appeals to you, there's a chance to win a free copy on this Amazon giveaway: https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/dbe5a04bc0524ada

THE SEA GARDEN:

Three stories rich in drama and steeped in atmosphere are linked by a single mystery in this spellbinding novel of love and loss in the fog of war.

The Sea Garden
On the lush Mediterranean island of Porquerolles off the French coast, Ellie Brooke, an award-winning British landscape designer, has been hired to restore a memorial garden. Unsettled by its haunted air and the bitterness of the garden's owner, an elderly woman who seems intent on undermining her, Ellie finds that her only ally on the island is an elusive war historian. . . .

The Lavender Field
Near the end of World War II, Marthe Lincel, a young blind woman newly apprenticed at a perfume factory in Nazi-occupied Provence, finds herself at the center of a Resistance cell. When tragedy strikes, she faces the most difficult choice of her life and discovers a breathtaking courage she never expected. . . .

A Shadow Life
Iris Nightingale, a junior British intelligence officer in wartime London, falls for a French agent. But after a secret landing in Provence results in terrible Nazi reprisals, he vanishes. When France is liberated, Iris is determined to uncover the truth. Was he the man he claimed to be?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”