• In total there are 27 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Created this website to tell you how long any book will take you to read

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Putnam14
Getting Comfortable

Created this website to tell you how long any book will take you to read

Unread post

I have spent the past few weeks polishing this website up and adding enough features so that it's presentable. What my website will do is tell you how long it will take you to read a book based on its approximate word count and your reading rate in words per minute. If you don't know what your reading rate is, we can find that out too!

I'd be grateful if any of you would check it out and tell me what you think, any suggestions, praise, hate, etc.

How long is that book? - Reading Length
I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, and even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it's difficult to analyse love when you're in it. - John Steinbeck
How long will it take to read that book? - Reading Length
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Re: Created this website to tell you how long any book will take you to read

Unread post

Hi Putman,

Thanks for sharing your site. It looks very sleek and the idea is cool. I noticed you're using ISBN to search a book. Does this mean you can look up any book with an ISBN or only one assigned to a specific geographical location?

By the way, I'm a writer and too started a website. My website http://www.laptiast.com/ promotes my writing and authors who write Dystopian Fiction, Science Fiction, Grit Lit Fiction, and Philosophical Fiction.

Best to you,
Brooks
Putnam14
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Brooks127 wrote:Hi Putman,

Thanks for sharing your site. It looks very sleek and the idea is cool. I noticed you're using ISBN to search a book. Does this mean you can look up any book with an ISBN or only one assigned to a specific geographical location?

By the way, I'm a writer and too started a website. My website http://www.laptiast.com/ promotes my writing and authors who write Dystopian Fiction, Science Fiction, Grit Lit Fiction, and Philosophical Fiction.

Best to you,
Brooks
Thank you! You can look up any book using my site, ISBN or not.

I checked out your website, it looks good as well! One thing I would recommend is moving away from weebly and getting a dedicated wordpress install. I added your book "Sunset in Sylvan Park" to my reading list.
I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, and even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it's difficult to analyse love when you're in it. - John Steinbeck
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I love this concept! Are you affiliated with Goodreads?
Putnam14
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:I love this concept! Are you affiliated with Goodreads?
No affiliation with Goodreads, I just have access to their API and ergo I can query them for user's lists. Most of the book information is from Amazon apart from a few hundred titles of which I've entered in the information myself!

Thank you so much for checking it out! :-D
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

One thing I would recommend is moving away from weebly and getting a dedicated wordpress install.
Thanks for adding my book and thanks for the advice. The feedback is appreciated. I have considered moving to something dedicated and have briefly explored Wordpress. Weebly is nice because of ease of use. Does WP allow for drag and drop? From your perspective, what is the overall advantage of going with WP?
Last edited by Brooks127 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else”