• In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: The Bible. Myth or Reality?

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:"scholars unanimously agree"

A bald faced lie.

Is that the best you can do?

Regards
DL
:?:

Then you need to log into Wiki and edit their page.
That'll be a start. :)
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

Flann 5 wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Jesus said --- Only the Father knows the time of the end.

So much for co-equal.
I don't claim or pretend to understand the incarnation Bishop. Clearly it involves certain self imposed and necessary limitations. So as a human baby his knowledge would be necessarily restricted and this statement about not knowing the time of the end arises from his speaking as a human in time, I imagine.
Maybe not. I don't claim to understand the trinity or the working of the mind of God. How could I?
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Repent or get thee behind me Satan.
Who's he? The evil that we find within ourselves? Is there some gnostic equivalent apotheosis where the only devil you will ever know is you, and you discover this by gnosis?
Nice recant on your original definitive statement of co-equal.

You recant like someone who has no honor.

That goes along with your lack of a descent moral sense.

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/video ... cafee&tt=b

Regards
DL
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

ant wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:"scholars unanimously agree"

A bald faced lie.

Is that the best you can do?

Regards
DL
:?:

Then you need to log into Wiki and edit their page.
That'll be a start. :)
Which firm did the survey of all the scholars and who paid for it?

Regards
DL
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman (a secular agnostic) wrote: "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees" B. Ehrman, 2011 Forged : writing in the name of God ISBN 978-0-06-207863-6. page 285

Robert M. Price (an atheist who denies the existence of Jesus) agrees that this perspective runs against the views of the majority of scholars: Robert M. Price "Jesus at the Vanishing Point" in The Historical Jesus: Five Views edited by James K. Beilby & Paul Rhodes Eddy, 2009 InterVarsity, ISBN 028106329X page 61

Michael Grant (a classicist) states that "In recent years, 'no serious scholar has ventured to postulate the non historicity of Jesus' or at any rate very few, and they have not succeeded in disposing of the much stronger, indeed very abundant, evidence to the contrary." in Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels by Michael Grant 2004 ISBN 1898799881 page 200

Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that anymore." in Jesus Now and Then by Richard A. Burridge and Graham Gould (Apr 1, 2004) ISBN 0802809774 page 34

Dear Wiki dudes:

You are allowing bald face lies on your website.
And all those scholars referenced who claim what they do on your page are lying too.
Please do not conspire with them to undermine the truth!!

Please cease and desist immediately or I will expose you and all your conspirators as frauds.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Which firm did the survey of all the scholars and who paid for it?

Regards
DL
Conspiracy theory number 999.999.998

:shock:
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Richard A. Burridge states: "There are those who argue that Jesus is a figment of the Church’s imagination, that there never was a Jesus at all. I have to say that I do not know any respectable critical scholar who says that anymore.
"

Look at it this way:

someone's gotta support all those myther scholars that get no respect.
it might as well be myther astrologists :P
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

To believe in the Jesus of the bible, one has to believe that a God who is said to be all powerful, has to use a human to reproduce.

Quite the contradiction. So much for omnipotence.

We would have to see God coveting Mary, another mans wife, and cuckolding Joseph. Those are God sinning.

Not only does that negate the idea of the messiah being of the line of David, even as he never existed, if also makes Jesus a bastard son and a half breed chimera God.

Way too much garbage for any thinking and moral person to swallow.

Regards
DL
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:To believe in the Jesus of the bible, one has to believe that a God who is said to be all powerful, has to use a human to reproduce.

We would have to see God coveting Mary, another mans wife, and cuckolding Joseph. Those are God sinning.

Not only does that negate the idea of the messiah being of the line of David, even as he never existed, if also makes Jesus a bastard son and a half breed chimera God.

Hi Bishop.
You are as wound up as ever,I see. The fact that David existed is indicated in this very thread that you started, in the article on archaeology that I linked. Do you read replies to your posts on your thread?
As for the rest, I think that even those who don't believe in the biblical God can see the inherent fallacies in your assertions and hardly need me to point them out.
You really need to ask yourself why you are so hostilely fixated on a being who you claim to believe is non-existent?
If we unthinking immoral persons believe this garbage we have the right to do so even if you don't like it.
You can believe your Gnostic "Christianity" but I don't lose any sleep over it or feel the need to incessantly rail against it.
It's quite irrelevant to me.
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

Flann 5 wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:To believe in the Jesus of the bible, one has to believe that a God who is said to be all powerful, has to use a human to reproduce.

Hi Bishop.
You are as wound up as ever,I see. The fact that David existed is indicated in this very thread that you started, in the article on archaeology that I linked. Do you read replies to your posts on your thread?
As for the rest, I think that even those who don't believe in the biblical God can see the inherent fallacies in your assertions and hardly need me to point them out.
You really need to ask yourself why you are so hostilely fixated on a being who you claim to believe is non-existent?
If we unthinking immoral persons believe this garbage we have the right to do so even if you don't like it.
You can believe your Gnostic "Christianity" but I don't lose any sleep over it or feel the need to incessantly rail against it.
It's quite irrelevant to me.
Because we do not have a theology that gives us the mainstream garbage religions we now have.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zhlDbMfDg

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI

Jesus Camp 1of 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

P. S.
That is only Christianity. Shall we include jihadists?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

As Zack Kopplin has been warning, in certain school districts in Louisiana the Bible is not only reality, it is a science textbook!
After years of sounding the alarm to politicians and the media, yesterday’s official confirmation that teachers in at least one Louisiana school district use the Book of Genesis in public school science classrooms affirms what activist Zack Kopplin had been warning about since he was a junior in high school: Bobby Jindal’s “science education” law had nothing to do with better understanding science — and everything to do with promoting evangelical Christianity.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/11/its_off ... e_classes/
:coco:

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”