• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Jealous of a Book

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Jealous of a Book

Unread post

Last weekend I read "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman;

About halfway through the book, I smiled and thought; " Dam, why didn't I think to write this story, It just seemed so natural a story to tell, and yet it hadn't been told before Gaiman had his go at it"

Has a thing been so obvious, but so elusive, that you have not seen it before your own eye's?

That's how good this book was, It does not happen very often, that I read a volume and think to myself, Why didn't I do that? Its such a nice thing to read a book that should have been written, would the world be worse off if it hadn't been published? who's to say, but a good story is hard to pass up, Here's the strange part, I paid 80 dollars for a first addition hardcover, was it worth it?. Is there any offers for my copy?.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Jealous of a Book

Unread post

damn fine book :yes:
Taylor wrote:Is there any offers for my copy?.
naaaah, read it :lol:

but i am totally with you T, i loved that book.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I read it some years ago. My favorite part was the shaman tribe whose god told them to leave the area. And the story of New Orleans slaves was quite touching. Don't need your copy, mine's on the coffee table.
PFWhite
Official Newbie!

Unread post

What is particularly interesting about that book is how MANY people I have met have had that same interaction with it!

I know that I was so entranced with it that I ended up writing my own version of the same story with a fellow author. I am told I am not even the only one to do this. One way or another "American Gods" really seems to get inside people's imagination and inspire. If that isn't great literature than I don't know what is :-)
Author of "Afterlife: A Novel of What Might Come Next"
http://www.amazon.com/Afterlife-Novel-W ... +Come+Next
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”