• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Male protagonist in a world ruled by women

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Alan Stroe
Getting Comfortable

Male protagonist in a world ruled by women

Unread post

On an island ruled by women, young men must duel each other with stun swords to impress young ladies and attract romantic interest.

Dario, a boy yearning for freedom and equality, is selected to duel in front of the girl he loves. He has no desire to fight his friends, and little chance of winning. Will he refuse to duel, suffering punishment and humiliation? Or will he ruin his chances of winning her heart through an embarrassing defeat?

His problems get more complicated when a former ally hijacks his revolutionary plans, turning them into an evil power grab. Real, deadly fighting breaks out for the first time on the island.

Available at:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NNZRGBU
Last edited by Alan Stroe on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Male protagonist in a world ruled by women

Unread post

Interesting plot.
Alan Stroe
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Free prequel: Against Her Other Love
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U9100DC

On an island ruled by women, a lonely boy gets an unexpected chance at love, but a callous Casanova ruins it. His friend, Mario, an opponent of the matriarchy regime, attempts to coach him in matters of the heart. He soon realizes his own romantic relationship is in trouble, from the very same cause.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

yeah, totally agree with Chris, interesting plot

that is a fantastic blurb
On an island ruled by women, young men must duel each other with stun swords to impress young ladies and attract romantic interest.

Dario, a boy yearning for freedom and equality, is selected to duel in front of the girl he loves. He has no desire to fight his friends, and little chance of winning. Will he refuse to duel, suffering punishment and humiliation? Or will he ruin his chances of winning her heart through an embarrassing defeat?

His problems get more complicated when a former ally hijacks his revolutionary plans, turning them into an evil power grab. Real, deadly fighting breaks out for the first time on the island.
that's the first time in ages i've read a blurb and thought "you got me in"

it also has the makings of an amazing movie!
Alan Stroe
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you for the encouraging words. I've put a lot of effort into condensing half the book in those paragraphs. :)

I'm about to start work on a sequel to Against Her Other Love (working title: Against All Odds), and I've sketched out the plot for a sequel to Against Her Gentle Sword (working title: Against the Trade Winds). Hopefully they'll both be out by midyear. My intent is to make every book in the series self-resolving (without unfair cliffhangers). I'll keep you guys updated here.
Alan Stroe
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

A new adventure in this series is available for pre-order: Against All Odds - the continuation of Against Her Other Love.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XY19KTO
The freedom-loving Mario sets in motion a plan to overthrow the matriarchal government. The revolution he starts may cost him everything he cares about, including a life with the girl he loves.
The book is in the final stages of editing, and will probably be out well before the target release date.
Alan Stroe
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Against All Odds is now available in e-book and paperback formats:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XY19KTO

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”