• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Something about this just makes me happy.

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Something about this just makes me happy.

Unread post

In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

:lol: binary metal :lol:
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

another one if you liked the binary metal.

particularly funny if you play guitar from tablature.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

"I are Huuman.

Hamberger. Hi. Smile Hello. Go Packers."

-Imposter Bear.

-Guillermo Del Torro

johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Think of some primitive tribe member seeing this.

Now, where do ideas of werewolves, skin changers, and shaman trying to turn into animals come from?
-Guillermo Del Torro

johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

:P
-Guillermo Del Torro

johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

This is the very purpose of this thread.

I don't know why, but taking dramatic scenes and re-purposing them for lame dad jokes absolutely slays me.

-Guillermo Del Torro

ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

What a big disappointment this guy became when he took off his mask.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

You didn't like him, Ant?

I thought he was pretty cool. Did you want him to be more sinister under the mask?

I do think it's a bit much that everybody in these movies HAS to be related.
We are definitely going to find out that Snoke and Palpatine are second cousins to Amadalla or something.

And what about not 1, but 2 people who have never used light sabres before putting up a decent fight against Kylo Ren?!
Dude!?

I did really like the movie though.
-Guillermo Del Torro

ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:You didn't like him, Ant?

I thought he was pretty cool. Did you want him to be more sinister under the mask?

I do think it's a bit much that everybody in these movies HAS to be related.
We are definitely going to find out that Snoke and Palpatine are second cousins to Amadalla or something.

And what about not 1, but 2 people who have never used light sabres before putting up a decent fight against Kylo Ren?!
Dude!?

I did really like the movie though.

1) I was disappointed that he turned out to be some adolescent emo kid. Maybe someone just a tad older would have been better.

2) Has it been settled that it's actually Snoke? I mean, I've read a lot of the speculation that makes some sense, but not certain if it's all settled.
Disney announced that the Star Wars Universe was no longer cannon. If it's Snoke then they've borrowed from cannon. Hmmm?

3) Right, that really made me roll my eyes, especially when Finn was able to hold his own for a few minutes. Ridiculous! Rey might be understandable if she turns out to be a force prodigy that has a natural talent just waiting to be developed by a Master (hello, Master Luke!)

The movie was okay for me. A couple of friends of mine who are first generation star wars fans hated it.
I was disappointed Luke didn't get just a little more screen time. :evil:

Rogue One looks like it has some good potential.
Last edited by ant on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”