• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

What novels fit the subgenre - "biotech thrillers"?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

What novels fit the subgenre - "biotech thrillers"?

Unread post

Biotech thrillers involve some aspect of biology and new technological breakthroughs. With the advances in DNA technology, the ideas for plots in these action filled novels are endless. One could think of Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton as a fiction novel that fits this subgenre. Others might argue that Jurassic Park is science fiction.
My newest thriller novel, “The True Virus”, would be considered a biotech thriller. It deals with a Hamas bioterrorist who hacks into the CIA’s main computer and plants a program to use the new DNA component of the system to produce the deadly Ebola virus. The result is an epidemic in Israel which must be stopped.
What novels do you feel could be considered as biotech thrillers?
http://www.amazon.com/True-Virus-Thrill ... true+virus
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: What novels fit the subgenre - "biotech thrillers"?

Unread post

While I agree that Crichton's "Jurassic Park" is not a biotech thriller, I would have to list his "Andromeda Strain" in this category. I have read some others which I think would qualify, but can't remember the titles at the moment.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: What novels fit the subgenre - "biotech thrillers"?

Unread post

prey

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”