• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Would you read their books after finding THIS out?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Would you read their books after finding THIS out?

Unread post

Edith Sitwell had a habit of laying in an open coffin for a few minutes every morning before writing.
William Faulkner liked to type with his toes having shoes on his hands.
Carson McCullers made a lucky sweater from rabbit feet and wrote only when she was wearing it.
After checking the infographic about habits of famous writers here - bid4papers.com/blog/thoughts-behind-hab ... s-writers/, I can't read their books with the same feelings I did it before. Do you know about writing habits of your favorite authors? Do this knowledge influence your impression from their works? :hmm:
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Would you read their books after finding THIS out?

Unread post

I probably would; while all these little habits are indiosyncratic, I do not see how they harm anyone (including the author). :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i think the coffee drinking writers are beating out the tea drinkers :lol:
Victor Hugo wrote naked. But such behavior can be explained: he locked his clothes to avoid any chances to go outdoors. That saved his time and helped him finish his work in a timely manner;
:naked?:
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:I probably would; while all these little habits are indiosyncratic, I do not see how they harm anyone (including the author). :wink:
Good point 8)
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

youkrst wrote:i think the coffee drinking writers are beating out the tea drinkers :lol:
Victor Hugo wrote naked. But such behavior can be explained: he locked his clothes to avoid any chances to go outdoors. That saved his time and helped him finish his work in a timely manner;
:naked?:
I am a coffee drinking writer too! Can't live without coffee and different coffee drinks like cappuccino for example :P

As for your smile "Let's go naked", :mrgreen: :-D
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

My latest weird writing habit: counting to 100 before writing. It's strange but it helps me concentrate. Hmmm...
inezramirez
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I would definitely read it, because everything that is unusual is interesting for me. I think that strange people can create something, because they are out of the ordinary and they have another point of view.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Yes, I do like strange people, too. Well, maybe someone finds me strange, who knows )))
janny
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Would still read their literary works, in spite of their unusual habits. Also, if that is what it takes to create a literary masterpiece then I may just look for my own coffin lol
Janny > Love books, Coldplay and my second half Henry Ford - my beautiful Berner sennen
Proud member of the Swedish book club Cordia.

Return to “Everything Else”