• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What are you reading right now?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: What are you reading right now?

Unread post

"The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks
Sweet little book; not sure how I feel about the recurring conversation between the old man trapped in the car and his dead wife...???
“The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks is a well written, romantic, tender love story for light reading. There is a surprising twist at the very end, however I did not find it a “page-turner”, or “suspenseful”, or “edge-of-your-seat” story, as noted in some other reviews...I did not find Ira's predicament throughout the book realistic – a 91 year old man who uses a walker driving somewhere at night in the middle of a bad snowstorm.
I found myself skimming over paragraphs when throughout the whole book he sits in the car while his wife appears to him to reminisce about their life. Actually, I found the book somewhat slow. Will probably go see the movie coming out this spring, hoping for a light and entertaining time. :)
Last edited by Crystalline on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

oh, there are two of these threads. the other one is "What are you currently reading?" in the Special Forums section. i'm currently reading the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. it's an interesting read--a lot of action and similarities with the real world, in my opinion. i like books that make me think...

anywho, 'hope everyone's enjoying the written word and looking forward to seeing what others are reading.
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Right now I'm reading his thread! I've just finished The Silkworm by J.K. Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith which was okay. For a really good read, I'd recommend Touching the Wire by Rebecca Bryn. Is this the next best seller?
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

What Went Wrong: Western Impact and Middle Eastern Response - Bernard Lewis.

Bernard Lewis, FBA (born May 31, 1916) is a British-American historian specializing in oriental studies. He is also known as a public intellectual and political commentator. Lewis is the Cleveland E. Dodge Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University. Lewis' expertise is in the history of Islam and the interaction between Islam and the West. He is also noted in academic circles for his works on the history of the Ottoman Empire.
[1. Wiki
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

Reading... The best exotic marigold hotel, by Deborah Maggoch now.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Darn it! Every time I get a notice from this post, I am hoping to see my book being read...and it isn't happening...:(!!!
www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com
trichobezoar
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

rchapman1tewantin, i love J.K. Rowling! i'd like to read her Robert Galbraith books too when i have the time. i have so many books on my To Read list... too many. >.>

i'm currently on chapter... *looking at tablet* it's hard to tell which chapter i'm on (they're not numbered), but i'm on page 625 of Champion, the last book in the trilogy, i believe. it's an all-three-books-plus-an-addendum(?) book, so it's kind of hard to tell where i'm at, really. lol
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Hah, Chrystalline - wouldn't we all!
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
ninanovaes
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella and the short story of E. T. A. Hoffmann, The Sandman.
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

A book of Maria Matios, a Ukrainian novelist.

"Sweet Darusia" - unusual and quite interesting to read.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”