• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

The main and worst time God also replies to evil with evil is when he puts most of us to death in the lake of fire.

From what I have read in scriptures, God does not follow the advice that he gives in his WORD. The above shows him overcome by evil and replying with evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?

At the end of days and in many biblical stories of the past, God is overcome by evil and responds with evil while telling us we should respond with good.

Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?

I think that if God is saying, --- do as I say and not as I do, ---- that that is an immoral example that only a satanic demiurge would say. Yet it appears that that is what God is saying.

Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil.

Regards
DL
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Unread post

Well it is a dead giveaway that the son says honour the father and the father says slay them.

Though that is a crude literalist reading.

Slay the amalekite within I say, slay him with knowledge.

After all this is the life of the aions, that they may know you and the light you have sent into the world that is us.

Nevertheless the literalist would have it that the father says kill, yet the followers of the son say to hate your brother is to murder him in heart.

This is a sure indication that the letter kills, kills understanding deader than a door nail.

I'll stick with the esoteric reading, many a mile to go this night before I reach the town.
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

youkrst wrote:Well it is a dead giveaway that the son says honour the father and the father says slay them.

Though that is a crude literalist reading.

Slay the amalekite within I say, slay him with knowledge.

After all this is the life of the aions, that they may know you and the light you have sent into the world that is us.

Nevertheless the literalist would have it that the father says kill, yet the followers of the son say to hate your brother is to murder him in heart.

This is a sure indication that the letter kills, kills understanding deader than a door nail.

I'll stick with the esoteric reading, many a mile to go this night before I reach the town.
A wise choice that the Jews and Gnostic Christians had decided upon as was intended by those who wrote the scriptures and myths I think.

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Regards
DL
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

Let's say you are a human judge, Bishop,and before you stand Islamic State torturers and murderers.It's incontrovertible,and even recorded on video. What would your verdict and sentence be? Try answering this question.

How then is it evil for God as judge to pass sentence according to our deeds? Is a human judge doing evil to do so?
You say one is good,meaning God. But for you there is no God but man. How could you or any other man, judge Hitler, Pol Pot,or Islamist suicide bombers for their crimes?
Do you believe you continue to exist after you die?
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

Flann 5 wrote:[
quote="Gnostic Bishop"]Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

Let's say you are a human judge, Bishop,and before you stand Islamic State torturers and murderers.It's incontrovertible,and even recorded on video. What would your verdict and sentence be? Try answering this question.
If rehabilitation is impossible, then jail forever for them.

What would you do?
How then is it evil for God as judge to pass sentence according to our deeds?
It is evil because God's first judgement included the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty to satisfy the bribe or sacrifice God wanted to forgive mankind.

God showed that as a judge, he is quite corrupt.

Why would you trust a judge that sets and accepts sacrifices and bribes to alter his verdicts?
Is a human judge doing evil to do so?
No. We elected or selected him to judge. Your God as a tyrant, forces us to accept his, as shown, corruptible verdicts.
You say one is good,meaning God.
No. In this case meaning the advice the bible gives of returning good for evil.

But for you there is no God but man. How could you or any other man, judge Hitler, Pol Pot,or Islamist suicide bombers for their crimes?
???

Have you not judged them as evil? How did you do it?
Do you believe you continue to exist after you die?
[/quote]

Yes. Thanks to my apotheosis.

Here is where I think we all evolve into. Our consciousness' that is.

https://vimeo.com/26318064

The first part of this series is also interesting.

I think morality and where and why it is created is what is throwing you off.

Morality only develops in groups of like individuals who live in groups. If not in a group, an entity will not bother creating a moral code.

Your God live alone and would not have needed to develop a moral code without other Gods to consider and that is why God would no0t have a dent moral code and would be a lousy judge.

Regards
DL
Flann 5
Nutty for Books

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Let's say you are a human judge, Bishop,and before you stand Islamic State torturers and murderers.It's incontrovertible,and even recorded on video. What would your verdict and sentence be? Try answering this question.

If rehabilitation is impossible, then jail forever for them.

What would you do?
You didn't say what your verdict would be. Ethically guilty of a premeditated crime or not? Rehabilitation implies sickness rather than ethical choices. Hitler and co just need treatment for their illness. Moral outrage at the holocaust is absurd. They couldn't help it and all just need rehabilitation.
So much for justice.
For premeditated murder I think capital punishment is just, and after that God who has perfect knowledge can judge them as he sees fit.
Gnostic Bishop wrote:How then is it evil for God as judge to pass sentence according to our deeds?

It is evil because God's first judgement included the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty to satisfy the bribe or sacrifice God wanted to forgive mankind.

God showed that as a judge, he is quite corrupt.

Why would you trust a judge that sets and accepts sacrifices and bribes to alter his verdicts?
That's your take on it Bishop, and as I've replied repeatedly with quotations, Christ's sacrifice was voluntary.In fact it is entirely just for God to voluntarily take on himself if he chooses,our guilt and just punishment.
That's the only way sinners could be saved at all.
The sins are atoned for and forgiveness is possible on that just basis. You guys say God should just forgive without any atonement for sins. Just forgive Stalin? That would be really just!
Gnostic Bishop wrote:But for you there is no God but man. How could you or any other man, judge Hitler, Pol Pot,or Islamist suicide bombers for their crimes?

???

Have you not judged them as evil? How did you do it?
You need to get real here. We judge their actions to have been evil but none of us has actually judged them.
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Do you believe you continue to exist after you die?

Yes. Thanks to my apotheosis.

Here is where I think we all evolve into. Our consciousness' that is.
[/quote]
I just took a cursory glance at that video for now, but that wormhole might be useful for wriggling out of questions like; Do you believe Jesus was a mythical or historical person?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Flann wrote:Do you believe Jesus was a mythical or historical person?
it's not that simple.

there were many people called Jesus/Yehoshua (a heap in Josephus alone) but which one of them was the virgin born son of god turning water into wine and walking on water then rising from the dead...... why that would be the mythical jesus of course.

virgin born son of god: Perseus, whose mother conceived him by Jupiter

turning water into wine: Dionysus/Bacchus

walking on water: Buddha, and he stepped upon the water which was as firm under his feet as a slab of granite.

rising from the dead: Osiris

it IS mythology :)
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Flann wrote:You need to get real here. We judge their actions to have been evil but none of us has actually judged them.
You seem to have a preconceived notion of judgement as something supernatural. Is it not judgement when men judge other men?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Moral outrage at the holocaust is absurd.
no it's appropriate.
after that God who has perfect knowledge can judge them as he sees fit.
burn them in hell forever.

wow the punishment is even more morally outrageous than the crime?!?! and that takes some doing. Still he is so good, and so God, his sins would dwarf ours.

Sinners sin for a lifetime at most, God punishes for eternity....over the top.

it's all just a thoughtless unreasonable misreading of mythology.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Just forgive Stalin? That would be really just!
but not as unjust as sentencing non-christians to hell forever because they believed the wrong mythology literally.

think of the millions upon millions of hindus and muslims zoroastrians etc etc etc and depending on what christian denomination even you could have believed in "another jesus"

yeah it's so justice that they are all going to a lost eternity....NOT!

why!?

because

i am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but my me.

christians read it literally and voila mass stupidity descends on the mind of man.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”