• In total there are 53 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

To Kill a Mockingbird

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
BookReaderUSA
Master Debater

To Kill a Mockingbird

Unread post

A few days ago, I finished the book To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time. What did you think of it?
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: To Kill a Mockingbird

Unread post

Never read the book, but watched the movie just the other day. The issues that were relevant then are still very relevant today. It would make for an interesting discussion in the Fiction Book Discussion Forum if people would be brave enough to discuss prejudice.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I read "Mockingbird" quite a few years ago, and enjoyed it very much. Crystalline, were you aware that Robert Duval made his acting debut in that movie? He played Arthur "Boo" Radley.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

The sequel Go Set A Watchman is coming out in a few months, so it might be interesting to read both...
Crystalline

Unread post

Not aware re Duval's debut in "To Kill A Mockingbird". I don't really follow actors' lives and careers that closely. But I looked up his biography in Wikipedia...impressive!!!
Crystalline

Unread post

"Go Set A Watchman" sounds interesting! I would read it.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I am looking forward to the sequel as well. According to my sources, "Watchman" was actually written BEFORE "To Kill a Mockingbird. Lee's editors told her to re-write it, making the characters many years younger. The result - well, we all know it.

I too think "To Kill a Mockingbird" would be a great book for discussion.
Last edited by Cattleman on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Crystalline

Unread post

In spite of getting some good advice from editors, I have to laugh when among the many, many rejections of my book, one agent suggested I put a vampire in my life story. I just couldn't imagine doing that...now I think that maybe her advice could have been a good one...NOT! Still can't imagine doing that :). One agent suggested that I change the sequence of my chapters...but if had taken all these suggestions, it would have been their book and not mine. Yes, I might not have listened to some good advice, but it would have been their book, not mine. Oh, well...I'm glad I did it my way...

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”