• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

"Fifty Shades of Grey" movie

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

"Fifty Shades of Grey" movie

Unread post

This will be "old news" to most people, but I never read the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" so decided to see the movie since nudity does not offend me (lots of bare buttocks and boob exposure). I found the movie SLOW AND BORING. There was hardly any plot. I did not think the male lead was attractive or presented a good impersonation of a rich and powerful business man (yes, I know this is a matter of personal taste). I found it appalling that the film was marketed as a romantic story to younger audiences/women and found it degrading to women. There is no romance or love if a man beats you hurtfully in different ways. I suppose men who like to beat women would find this film exciting.

I heard that the books were badly written. Can't believe the success of both the book and the movie. Amazing! :hmm:
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Re: "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie

Unread post

You won't believe but I've watched this movie "masterpiece" yesterday and was going to create the same topic here ;) So, hello there, soul friend))

Totally agree with you! I had the same feeling while watching: slow!!!! very slow!!! and boring as result. if it was not so slow, it would not be so boring probably, but who knows... the plot it very simple, so there was no need to make a 2-hour movie from that! Plus, they say it was just the first part! Two more books are waiting ;))
Crystalline

Unread post

Glad to see somebody agrees with me :). My friends, who have read all three books, tell me that in the end she changes him. Well, it seems to me that he is so psychologically damaged that even with multiple sessions with a professional would not result in a positive result, let alone a naive schoolgirl, whose mental health is also doubtful. Perhaps curiosity prompted the success of this book, like it did mine. I knew it was not my thing (so had no desire to read the book), but saw the movie due to curiosity...my expectation was correct!!!
BORING AND DEGRADING TO WOMEN!!!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

My friends and I went out to dinner Saturday night and one of the many things we discussed was the Fifty Shades movie. One of my friends shared with me that the general consensus in the BDSM community is that Fifty Shades is nothing like how it is in real life. They feel the movie makes them look bad and is degrading to women.

I read the first book, but not the next two in the trilogy. So my opinion is based on incomplete information. But from my perspective the books and movie are not for everyone, but clearly they are for a lot of people. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the books or movie tickets. Are all the women devouring these books feeling degraded or possibly aroused?
Crystalline

Unread post

Curious and aroused obviously! Maybe more couples/men should try those techniques :)!!!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Maybe. I just went out and bought some fuzzy handcuffs and a cattle prod.
Crystalline

Unread post

LOL...let us know how that works out!!!
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Chris:
fuzzy handcuffs and a cattle prod.
cattle prod :lol:

the fuzzy cuffs an electric prod work both ways Chris :roll:
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

cattle prod :-D

i noticed that a lot of older women who felt that sexually explicit material is off limits for them could read the fifty shades franchise with a sort of social license to indulge so to speak.
Last edited by youkrst on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

On a serious note what do you guys think about us having a forum for discussing erotica?

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”