• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

Powerful and Compassionate Memoir of a Woman with ALS

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
LynnMiclea
Official Newbie!

Powerful and Compassionate Memoir of a Woman with ALS

Unread post

I am a new author - this is my first book, and it already is receiving many 5-star reviews.

Title - Ruthie: A Family's Struggle with ALS - by Lynn Miclea

My mom had ALS, and I wrote a book about it. It is a dramatic and compassionate memoir about her experience with ALS, including multiple diagnoses, symptoms, and progression of the disease. It includes volatile family interactions and is a very personal view of this difficult illness. The story brings you right into our lives and hearts – it is easy to read, and it is hard to put down. In addition, the book offers helpful information and suggestions for coping with and getting assistance for a degenerative disease – it would greatly benefit anyone dealing with any type of progressive illness.

A percentage of the proceeds from the sale of this book is being donated to ALS research for a cure.

Thank you!
Attachments
Book cover
Book cover
51Osd7QSDEL.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Powerful and Compassionate Memoir of a Woman with ALS

Unread post

I'm interested in this book as I have a friend who has ALS. Have you seen the movie The Theory of Everything about Stephen Hawking? It's very well done. My friend has several other similarities to Stephen's story - he is well educated (radiologist), divorced his wife, married his caregiver, has had the disease for quite a long time, etc....
LynnMiclea
Official Newbie!

Re: Powerful and Compassionate Memoir of a Woman with ALS

Unread post

Thank you for your response, and my heart goes out to both you and your friend. ALS is a horrible disease. Yes - I have seen the movie The Theory of Everything - what a great movie, I was so impressed with both the story and the acting, and I greatly admire Stephen Hawking.

That is interesting about your friend, and yes - a lot of similarities to Stephen Hawking! I am glad your friend is living with the disease for a long time - that is good. The symptoms greatly vary among people, and it progresses differently in each person. It sounds like your friend has a very slowly progressing version, which is good.

I think my book would really help both you and your friend in learning more about the disease and in different ways of coping and dealing with the related issues. There are many helpful suggestions and insights throughout the book, and I'm sure there is a lot in there that you can relate to and which would assist both you and your friend.

The book is available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble. It is also available for Kindle.

You can also go to my website for more information and links - www.lynnmiclea.com.

Thank you for your comment - and I send much love to both you and your friend.
Last edited by LynnMiclea on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”