• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 742 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

Too many new books to focus on...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Too many new books to focus on...

Unread post

Have you ever bought so many books you can't decide which one to start first? Between my Birthday and Christmas I scored enough Amazon gift cards to buy a ton of books and book series. Now I cannot figure out which one I want to commit to. I have actually begun reading several of them, but haven't read far enough in anything to make me want to cast all of the others aside. So I've become curious, has anyone else done this to themselves and how did you get yourself past it? I'm hoping this is just a side effect of the holiday rush, and a battle with a stomach virus/cold.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Lesley_Vos
Atop the Piled Books

Re: Too many new books to focus on...

Unread post

I've tried reading several books at once, but I must admit I failed this attempt)) it's easier for me to concentrate on one book. But... oh gosh.. there are so many of them to read. I do not even imagine how it's possible to be on time with them all!
Paul 6123
Official Newbie!

Unread post

So many books, so little time ... I have the same problem - plenty of books. A few comments that might help. First, if the book seems not of interest after a few sessions - drop it and move on. Second, some books can be read "loosely" skipping large sections to concentrate on the major points. Thirdly, read multiple books at a time. Secret here is to have diverse types of books - e.g.. a biography, a religious book, a science fiction, a health/ science book. Then read from one - when mood seems right...
steinhm
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I've got a good book for you to read! It's called the Mysterious Bakery on Rue de Paris by Evie Gaughan. Here's a review of it!

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... =2&t=26468
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

Thanks, I will check it out. Put it on my Kindle pile :-)
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
amanda_siegrist
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Actually I have three books sitting waiting to be read too. I've tried each one and don't think I will pick them back up. Once I put it down, I normally can't pick it back up which says I didn't really enjoy it.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

I ended up breaking my reading vacation with a couple book with short stories. Probably wasn't able to concentrate due to the amount of work stress. Glad I have my stress buster back!
I am haunted by waters.”
janny
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I buy 1-2 books every month, and it's hard for me to keep up with the books I buy because not all the time am I free to read books, I have house duties too, so some of them linger on the shelves for a little while. That's the beauty of books though, you can always pick them up when you're doing nothing.
Janny > Love books, Coldplay and my second half Henry Ford - my beautiful Berner sennen
Proud member of the Swedish book club Cordia.

Return to “Everything Else”