• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Collegial Greetings from Prisoner/Author Patrick Middleton AK-3703

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Patrick Middleton

Collegial Greetings from Prisoner/Author Patrick Middleton AK-3703

Unread post

Please let me introduce myself: My name is Patrick Middleton and I have been incarcerated in Pennsylvania for forty years so far. I am 62 years old, originally from southern Maryland and I am married. I am an alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh where I earned all my higher education degrees including a Ph.D. Already a published author, I have just released my debut novel, Eureka Man,which recently received a very positive review from KIRKUS and is available at Amazon in paperback or e-book and through Smashwords for all other e-book formats. Aside from writing, I am a bass guitarist in the prison band where I also sing tenor, and my sport is handball. Some of my favorite authors are Ralph Ellison, Toni Morrison, Ralph Waldo Emerson. I am pleased and honored to have been accepted into BookTalk and I look forward to participating in many lively discussions! If any of you have any questions about prison life feel free to ask. I look forward to meeting you!
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: Collegial Greetings from Prisoner/Author Patrick Middleton AK-3703

Unread post

Great to have you onboard the good ship booktalk with us Patrick. :-D

Ralph Waldo Emerson i also love, i'll look up the other two now.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Looks like an interesting book. It appears to be semi-autobiographical?
Patrick Middleton

Unread post

Thanks for your comment. Yes, Eureka man is semi-autobiographical. If you like, you can read the first chapter through Smashwords. Also, please feel free to visit my website at AuthorPatMiddleton.com to learn more about Eureka Man and me! Keep in touch-Pat
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, Patrick. :-)

I can't imagine what your life has been like behind bars for 40 years. You were just a kid when you entered prison. At twenty-two I was making one mistake after another in life. Most young people are still figuring things out at that age.

You've sure made lemonade out of the lemons you were served. Congrats on all of your impressive accomplishments.

Chris
Patrick Middleton

Unread post

Honored to hear from you! I invite you to read my book, EUREKA MAN. Please help me to get conversations started bout my books since I'm new at this! Thanks, Pat Middleton
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'd definitely suggest getting active on the forums. Put a link in your signature so everyone can see your book when you make posts. And make a post about your book in the Fiction Book Forum too.
Patrick Middleton

Unread post

Thanks! I'll look into it. My only concern is that, due to my lack of access to electronic communication, there may be a time lag before I can respond. Maybe 3 days. But I am interested in joining various discussions. What do you think?

Return to “Everything Else”