• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 647 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 am

Joy of poetry

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Paul 6123
Official Newbie!

Joy of poetry

Unread post

The attraction of poetry for me is two-fold: the concepts and the language. I particularly like those poems whose beauty takes some effort to appreciate. Some fine poems would be "A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" by John Donne, "Ode on a Grecian Urn" by John Keats, and Ulysses by Alfred, Lord Tennyson and of course the sonnets of William Shakespeare. Some of the most beautiful poems however, are simpler - such as those by Robert Frost esp. "Mending Wall", "A Considerable Speck" "Revelation" and "Out, Out". I'll also mention that that famous sonnet of Edna St. Vincent Millay "What Lips My Lips Have Kissed". There are many, many other favorites but I'll stop here.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”